Flashlights and your thoughts

Ah yes flashlights…Go to amazon and look for cree flashlights…they’re the best…Look for ones which are rechargeable without having to take it apart. I like the on/off button on the side but sometimes they are hard to find especially if you want a metal button. The last one I got is cree brionac…it has the L2 chip which is brighter than the old T6 or the forerunner T5. It has the button on the side and is rechargeable with usb and lasts a really long time. Flashlight technology is rapidly changing but most Cree flashlights uses the 18650 rechargeable battery which works pretty good for me.

I have 2 Fenix, A Fenix HP60 head lamp, works fine in attics when I need my hands for crawling around and in dark basements. Also a couple of AA mag-lights for back-ups.

Haven’t had a problem with mine and I purchased years ago. They are focusable, with two I always have a backup and for the price of one Fenix I could lose about four of the ones I bought.

My choice of flashlight is a Stinger Classic by Streamlight.

I used to use a couple different streamlight models, After i lost one and dropped and broke another (shocking, I know) I decided to try a good disposable route. I purchased an off brand thorfire C8S on Amazon, I can’t even find it to link to. I have had it since 10/17 and never lost it, dropped it or had any issues with it. I think I paid like $20 bucks. So much for disposable.

PS: I highly recommend this holster: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SQ09K8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I carry 3 Fenix lights, one headlamp for handsfree crawl/attic, one 950 lumens small easy to use tail switch, and a 3000 lumen for lighting up the road if my car headlights go out:smiley:

Seriously, on high setting it is brighter than the normal car lights (both) and almost as bright as the high beams (both).

All are micro USB side port chargeable, don’t want to take it apart to charge the batteries. Dust, water, drop resistant. Regularly rinse off dust to keep them clean.

I use a rechargeable lantern/spotlight, with an Led luminary.
I typically/usually have several.
Why several?
1: I purchase them ><50% off. So the same amount of money gets you 2 lanterns.
2: They come in handy during power failures. Good for car emergencies. For the fishing boat.
3: Because I have left them behind at inspections.

Black Friday on sale, # [MotoMaster Eliminator 10W Spotlight.] is the model I have used for years. (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/motomaster-eliminator-10w-spotlight-0379954p.html#srp) ><60 percent off.

If you use a flashlight, Roy Cooke taught me a trick. Tape a measuring guide to the handle of the flash light. This way you can measure the depth of the insulation in an attic or clearance of an object you are inspecting.
Certainly miss Roy Cooke senior. The association was at a great loss when he left the MB.

Your flashlight is one of your most important tools. Get a good one, not a cheap one.

Couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8, Pop took my brother and I to Sunny’s Surplus where he bought us these wonders of modern illumination. Ash-flash camping lanterns made in Hong-Kong! Don;t even remember what the occasion was. Guess Oldtimers is settin’ in.

That is cool Bob and even greater that you still have it after all these years! Usually the ones I had as a kid we left the batteries in and the light just corroded away!