Florida Home Inspector Council

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp. :slight_smile:

Now that is funny. I going to call TBS!

Wish I had said that – Very funny

Meeker Manor

Chirp Chirp

Joe,

The issue was that Florida law required membership to an organization that required a proctored exam as a requirement for membership. FLNACHI extended that a little by requiring their proctored exam as a requirement. They probably should have accepted other proctored exams also.

To quote Michael Buffer once again-------“SOMEBODY’S JOE HAS GOT TO GO”! :wink:

Yahoo lets do it up. :slight_smile:

Joe, Back in South Africa we have an Afrikaans expression which literally translated is “Don’t talk to the pimple on the pigs a s s h o l e, speak to the farmer himself.” If you had spoken to Nick or the other “farmer” John by calling him at the phone number he provided after you were informed that he could not discuss this in this forum you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and not landed up looking foolish. For someone who is so high up in the organization I would have thought you of all people would have been able to speak to “the farmer” directly. Maybe you are not quite as high up in the organization as I had thought. As for me, I am happy just being an ordinary Joe.

To Aubrey, Meeker, Michelle, John, and others:

Nick’s statement fails to negate the truth. Thet tuth being that NACHI Management is a separate legal entity from NACHI. Duh… It’s a for profit, whereas NACHI is not. Profits go directly to the principals, thouth Nick insists that neither he nor NACHI sees a dime.

The corporation is owned by Nick, Dennis, and John. Nich has no daily contro of it.
The reason it was formed was as a vehicle for inspectors to perform wind mitigation inspections, as the original corp met the 5-year requirement.

It exists because Nick allows it to. As it includes a copywrite and trademarked name, it is subject to shut-down (in operating name) by Nick at any time.

There are those associated with a variety of entities within the state of Florida who have been complaining for some time regarding the operation of a state association called FLNACHI.

That state association is an offshoot of the National. It is likely the state’s largest single chapter of InterNACHI.

Folks continue to rant that FLNACHI fails to communicate or represent the views of Inspectors in Florida.

We have folks apparently trying to have licensing set aside. Why is that, exactly?

You are embroiled in the Wind Mitigation mess, which some have attempted to wrest control of, in the name of this association, at the expense of honest NACHI members, and for significant gain.

Not coincidentally, but a chapter was recently formed in Florida referring itself to insurance inspections.

Nick is the type of person that listens to members pitch an idea, and if it sounds reasonable, he gives the nod. Countless times, he (and NACHI) have gotten screwed in the process; some monetarily and some via reputation.

When we were able to head it off at the pass, the effors of myself and a select group of others are often utilized to correct the situation of fins a means to stop the bleeding. We do so at no expense to the organization.

Nick can earn his own whip marks, or borrow mine. Typically, he chooses the latter. So for all of you who believe I do not have the genuine interests of this organization or its thousands of members at the forefront of everything I have done for this org, you can kiss my ***.

Mis-informed? I think not. Do you fools actually believe for a nano-second that I do not have my facts straight… ALL the facts straight. Do you actually believe that I am not intimately involved with a majority of what goes on here?

I was member 273. I have had Nick’s back for YEARS. Still do. Always will.

I have the unique ability to see what is coming, and warn Nick of things to come.

I’ll say it again: Florida is a cesspool.

I publicly went against Zoe and FLNACHI when I learned of it. It was after an hour or so of conversation with Nick, where he convinced me to allow FLNACHI to stnd, as it fullfilled a legal requirement, which would eng with grandfathering.

No so with NACHI Management. It fails to provide any noble purpose.

If Nick wants to let someone open the NACHI Coffeehouse, that’s okay. Just provide good coffee at a steep discount to our members.

Otherwise, call it something else.

Had it not been for the entity already existing, NACHI MAnagement would not legally fit the bill.

As to representation, just substantiate the numbers. But, if a chapter purports to represent the interests of InterNACHI in their state, they BETTER have the numbers. To date, I believe that FLNACHI has those numners.

As to a representative seat at “the table”, as I recall there were two inspectors from Florida who were at the FABI - GC ASHI table, and little was accomplished.

If you want to represent yourselves as independents in the process moving forward, that is fine. Just dont represent your chapter or grouop as something it is not.

Mis-informed? Looking foolish? This is coming from less than 10 people, each with a specific bent.

Charming as always :slight_smile:

seriously. what a drama queen

“The truth will set you free!”

Well Joe self proclaims to be a fortune teller as well as having the beat of the industry. He has his facts straight and is all knowing, just read the thread above. I mean if Joe says it, its gotta be true.

And yet one simple question was asked and he did not answer. Him having all the facts and me never doubting him for a NANO second, I just wish he would tell me.

ZOE has made how much giving the test. PERSONALLY HOW MUCH IN HER POCKET?

JOHN SHISHILLA AND DENNIS BONNER have made how much combined with their program? What direction is the program going in? Who does what and what are the future plans for income in this organization?

Thanks Joe…I always thought you were tool…thanks for the proof!

Joe, again you keep pointing out just how important and talented you are. And yet all you do is shoot your mouth off and point fingers at those who disagree with you. I don’t give a rats *** what member number you are/were or might be (273 was it?) That you “have Nicks back” is noble but your all knowing, pompous, arrogant, self inflated ego makes you look like an ***.
And since you brought it up, please enlighten me as to what my “specific bent” is because I am not a part of the Nachi Managment and I in my ignorance would love to glean some words of wisdom from the all knowing (past, present, and future) never wrong, master of the InterNACHI universe.

Russell, have you not learned anything from my instruction? Never call anyone a “tool” or an “a ss h o le” because both are useful.
End of lesson.

Aubrey,

You have no specific bent. You have nothing to gain. You are simply a person embroiled in an srgument you stand nothing to gain from. Truly a tool.

Russel,

You are a big mouth a-hole, but are also a high-caliber inspector. The org needs members like yourself. So, while we agree to disagree and bash at each other, none of it bothers me. Keep shooting your mouth off. In between the rants, you make valid points and are a wealth of knowledge which can only help the membership. Cheers from one alleged a-hole to another.

Meeker,

Your reputation and lack of understanding speaks for itself.

Dennis and John,

I expected nothing less from both of you.

And to all… Whatever Zoe did or did not do with fees charged for proctoring an exam is not my concern. I charge $100 to proctor, and throw in a ride along if the inspector is operating in an area where there is little chance that he will become my competition.

The issue is not Zoe Fackler. The issue is with a handful of inspectors purporting to represent the best intersts of members in the state of Florida. The issue is with that same handful of inspectors who have an agenda. Russel and Aubrey, this does not include either of you. I have been involved in NACHI as an entity for a very long time. I have watched the drama and corruption unfold in your state for many years.

I have fought to end much of the BS and attempts at control in Florida for quite a while. This included an attempt at consolidating all NACHI chapters under a umbrella and control by 3 a couple of years back.

I want inspectors to have an independent voice. I have no objection to members setting up 50 chapters in FLNACHI’s backyard.

But, when you do, keep in mind that you may not speak for a majority of inspectors in your state. We had this a numbers of years back, where a small group of inspectors, including the then ED of NACHI, decided to appoint “educational” representatives in each state to interface with the legislature. This was a thinly veiled attempt at negating inspector’s voices at their state level.

I crushed it.

You should be happy I did. For as s h i t t y as you think your licensing is today, there were those in this very organization that wanted a different model, which would have been far worse. Are these the same folks pushing for elimination of current licensing (again, Russel, you dont care because you are established), possible hoping for a re-push for the old FABI model?

Individually, I dont care what you do. However, when it comes to the membership of this org, I take a slightly different stance.

For those who dont like it, too bad.

Thanx Joe for enlightening the group. Perhaps you should delve into the circumstances of the past a little better. Just what were the restrictions that were to be put into place that would have stifled the competition.

I for one have always been the guy on the outside looking in. I found InterNachi not to be this kind of org. till the tribe at FABI and ASHI began to rear there ugly heads.

Joe, I never said anything against what Zoe did for licensing or FlNachi. I only said they would not let me join without taking their test. For the record I never endorsed it either, I have always told everyone to do what works for them. I personally do not worry what has happened in the past and do not know much about it. I am concerned about the future.

You have shown time and time again you can not get your facts correct. You have no idea what we do, or are doing. Since you insist on standing on top of your soap box and proclaim we are doing something less than helpful or ethical, I suggest you look at the the shell of a man in the mirror because that is where you will find the unreasonable and unethical one.

You continue to not answer your phone when I call. You do not return my messages. If you are unwilling to get the facts straight and from the horses mouth, it is my suggestion that it is you that is not worthy of the position you hold. For the last time, WE CAN NOT discuss the FACTS on the message board, we have other contracts and obligations you could not even begin to comprehend.

I will give you one more chance to contact me to get the whole story. I doubt you will or bother to listen if you do.

321-626-8153

Joe F.

Call John Please. I did — and I now have a better understanding of where Nachi Management stands.

I understand that you are out to protect InterNACHI as a whole, but there is a LARGE group in Florida that supports what John S. has done for us to this point, and we have faith that the future of NACHI Management holds our best interest at heart.

One thing I am sure of — The public display of backlashing on issues that have not happened as of yet is pointless, and only serves to undermine our already fragile inspection industry. I would prefer to see us discuss REAL ISSUES in liu of MAYBE SOMEDAY ISSUES! Just my opinion of course

Seriously, quit bashing me in public forum, dont even mention me for now on-Joe. I am a person of intengrity and dont believe you have any right to comment on my reputation here. I am a paying and contributing member of this associaton. Leave me out of defending your ego on this message board.