Found Mold in a house

I have been behind a mold remediator that mists with peroxide. The air tests come out pretty clean. I feel it is not needed, but I could see where it could act as an extra precautionary measure after the mold removal is done. Peroxide is cheap. The mister is just a negative air machine turned backward with a misting line.

Refer them to an Industrial Hygeinist or a company who uses one or has one on staff for the purpose of determining a remediation plan. Do not call a “mold contractor” or “mold remediator” based on that title alone as it often means literally nothing depending on the area of the country you are in.

FYI: IICRC certified contractors is a national certification.
An Industrial Hygienist is only required to have eight hours of mold training.

Still peddling that “eight hours of IH mold training” bit? No thanks, I’m not interested. Have a good night. :wink:

My Industrial Hygienist taught the eight hour of mold to students studying Industrial Hygienist in a university. Prove that an Industrial Hygienist comes out of school with more than eight hours of training in mold. If you ever been behind an Industrial Hygienist, you would understand most know very little about mold; what do you think the title Industrial Hygienist means?

Like I said, I’m not interested. Argue your “facts” with someone else. Have a good one.

You do not need to be scared of the facts, Cameron. You will never learn otherwise.

As I said before cng1, recommend an industrial hygienist, preferably a member of the AIHA(American Industrial Hygiene Association) and/or one certified by the ABIH (American Board of Industrial Hygiene). Find a good one in your area whom you can develop a relationship with, you’ll find they actually do know it all. :slight_smile:

Why do I have to go behind most Industrial Hygienists than in my area?
If Cameron would actually get any real mold education, he would see and talk to Industrial Hygienists at these classes. He would find my statement is true about most Industrial Hygienists know very little about mold.
It is a good idea to develop a relationship with an Industrial Hygienist that truly understands mold, but you will find, finding that Industrial Hygienist can be very hard. You got to have somebody to analyze your mold samples anyway, so it might as well be a local Industrial Hygienist.

You’re smarter, faster and can pee further, point taken. Someone disagrees with you, it’s really okay. Take care.

I shall correct you every time you make a misleading statement. You do more harm than good when you do that.

You’re right again as usual, recommending an industrial hygienist is a very “harmful” suggestion. :roll: Follow me around on this board all you like, I’m flattered. :slight_smile:

It is like referring a dentist to perform oral surgery.
Do you need me to explain you the difference between those occupations too?

I was posting on this thread way before you was Cameron. So who was following who around?

You’re entitled to your opinion, I just disagree with it. :slight_smile:

wow… :roll: that’s cringe worthy.

It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

You’re entitled to that opinion as well.

It is obvious that you do not know what an Industrial Hygienist learns while obtaining his degree. Show me in this university curriculum where mold is heavily studied.

Show me a university course for mold(or anything) which is only eight literal hours. And I counted 33 courses/requirements which would involve the study of mold. You may also want to look into the certification requirement and CE for an IH. How many hours is the AMRT from the IICRC?

It is pointless discussing it further with you. Have a good day.