Foundation Concern - A grave personal dilemma.

Hello David – you are kind to make such an offer. I will be posting a LOT of photos in the next few days in a separate posting. After all, I have heightened everyone’s curiousity. :wink: I’ll do my best at taking them and providing detailed explanations.

Your msg. is interesting and it kind of supports one of my strongest views – as long as the situation is responding in one way or another, repairs, if needed, would not be wise at this time. But waiting for the outcome can be agonizing, and of course stressful.

As for the structural integrity of the house itself, I have seen a few nail pops and what I believe are additional nail pops about to surface through one of the interior walls on the SE corner. When my husband was installing the gutters, he noticed that the SE corner appears to be lower than the NE corner. He did not notice this visually. It had something to do with a measurement. We were quite surprised and I have wondered if perhaps that corner sits on organic material, but the interior room on that corner shows no cracks or separations that I can find. Kind of bizarre to me.

Considering what this foundation has endured for so long, I am astounded at the punishment it can take.

Anyway, I hope the photos will answer some of everyone’s questions.

I’ll be in touch. Diana

I think Dan covered it .