Four Infrared Cameras Comparison

Thank you. I use the Perfect Prime.

1 Like

How do you like the Perfect Prime David? How long have you been using it and do you have experience with anything else.

I realize FLiR is the Gold Standard, but they are extremely pricey. When I’m doing contractor work, sure a Hilti Roto Hammer is the best, but can’t justify the cost when others make holes just fine.

Hi Cody,
I been using the Perfect Prime for about a year. It works fine. The only problem I have is difficulty downloading photos directly to my PC. I’ve been taking pictures from my phone to the picture on the thermal image camera. The clarity is very good for the price.

1 Like

Doesn’t it have a USB jack and cable? Or is it an interface issue?

It does have a USB jack. However, I am not able to down load pictures. ( Perfect Prime IR0019)

IR0019_Manual_20Dec_for_web_pdf (1).pdf (12.5 MB)

2 Likes

Could be a faulty cable or connection. Been there done that with new electronics before. Brandy new and doesn’t work, frustrating for sure.

China made cables are total crap!!

2 Likes

That could be a deal-killer, for me anyway.

I tried many times to use the micro-USB cable with a connection to my computer and was unsuccessful each time. For some reason my computer does not recognize the IR0019 like it does when transferring pictures from my iPhone or other camera I use. It’s frustrating.

Solid review, cool to see all of them used in the same sitting like that. Some of you may not have noticed, the Flir products tend to have a lower thermal resolution at comparable price-points to competitors but look better (visually). Their MSX technology kind of fakes a visual line over the image to make it look higher quality than it really is. So it looks great in reports but you may miss more light temperature gradations (like wicking water, gradually going from wet to less wet with distance).

1 Like