Guard rail

I agree with that Joe. And the handrail could be continuous from top to bottom also. :slight_smile:

Yes I agree and because not all people have the ability to walk downstairs without a handrail it should carry on one side only or both.

May have been originally built that way, in mid 60’s. This is a rehab, so changes might have occurred.

What? on a big landing ? NO

Railings and landing material is not a 60’s product. :slight_smile:

That what you are saying Bob?

Did not read through but handrail only needs to be continuous on the steps but can be broken up at the landing if it qualifies as one by size,correct?

Do not know size of the landing but it sure looks big enough from the picture taken viewpoint.

Yes by minimum code compliance, but I think more like a Carpenter that I have been for 45 years and would have continued the railing wrap around and the center wall would have been at least 36" high with a nice oak cap on it and the railing at 34". ;):slight_smile:

Yeah but now you need a ranch home anyway,right Marcel ?:slight_smile:

Seriously I would not waste time on it in a report however.There are so many things I put in there anyway that they need a lifetime of sitting on the pot to finish it all.

Not yet buddy. In the process of removing existing hardwood flooring and rebuilding one set of stairs under the Commanders direction of course.

Tri-level house.
1967 and she is tired of the old flooring. Installing red oak utility grade flooring. :):wink:

Marcel I have seen actual particle board 30 years ago stained and it looked fantastic.

Even saw Sunday cartoon pages used and sealed with coats of heavy Marine varnish but Red Oak sounds nice.
Heck look what people pay for old barn wood.

Sorry about the miss information. I was looking at it on my phone and thought that wall was higher than it was. Guess I should have waited till I was back in the office.

That’s what it looked like on my phone. Less the oak top. Around here oak is out and maple is in.:mrgreen::wink:

No problem. Thanks for participating. :smiley:

OAK is never out and never will be .

Maple and Birch are nice too!!:):wink: