Happy Fourth of July

Nick, we didn’t go to war with these countries for no damn reason.

You can’t fathom a response to them attacking us.:roll:

Well, at least you acknowledge they are separate “countries” that we went to war against.

The British were putting down an armed insurgency on their own soil. The American Revolution was a British civil war, both sides were subjects of the same king.

See the difference?

You ignore the point with more off topic BS

You can keep defending radical Islamist attacks on this country as patriotic but good luck with that one.

I can’t get over that you would have preferred us to ignore 9/11.

What were we to do? Face East and bow to Allah?

War is ugly but unavoidable.

Anyway, if George Washington taking shots at the soldiers of his own country’s army isn’t an act of terrorism, then certainly Afghan rebels taking shots at the soldiers of a foreign army isn’t.

911??? Those were Saudis. Wrong country dude. I’m up for retaliation but hit the right country.

Trained, equipped and abetted in Afghanistan.

You’re smarter than than to try to pull off that crap.

911 was an act of terrorism. Shooting foreign military invaders of your homeland is not.

The object of war is to win.

That should have been our objective.

Pandering to the enemy like Jane Fonda is disgusting.:frowning:

Jane Fonda is disgusting because she is a traitor.

The North Vietnamese operating the anti-aircraft gun aimed at U.S. bombers over their country were not traitors, and certainly not terrorists, they were their country’s patriots for rightfully trying to stop bombs from landing on their people.

And are you giving aid and comfort to the enemy to any lesser extent than she did?

Not from my point of view.:shock:

They are certainly not my enemy. The Vietnam war is over. Are the Japanese your enemy?

Dancing Nick. :roll:

Are radical Islamists bent on terror your enemy?

Read your own quote slower… you used the word “she” referring to Jane Fonda in Vietnam, not Islamic terrorists. The Vietnam War is over, so no… the Vietnamese are not my enemy.

Of course, but that doesn’t make the Muslims trying to expel a foreign military invasion of their homeland terrorists. They aren’t. They are patriots. Not patriots for my country, but patriots for theirs.

The friend of my enemy is still my enemy.

That’s right Nick, the so called patriotic freedom fighters you are glorifying are in bed with the people you just claimed are your enemy.

Of course they are. Just like we were in bed with Iraq when they were fighting Iran. Just like we were in bed with Afghanistan when they were fighting the Soviet Union.

I’m quite sure Islamic terrorists are quite happy with your stance.:roll:

Probably. They sure were happy when we were supplying them with weapons.

Nick, I fear you would have bought the plane tickets for the 9/11 terrorists.

After all they were just mad because our troops were in their homelands right?

911 was obviously an act of terrorism as is all targeting of civilians.

The hypothetical question I have for you is this: When a large, powerful military invades a smaller, weaker country, is it your opinion that it is ethical for the people of the invaded country to resort to acts of terrorism to get the occupying military to leave? My answer would be “not initially.” What is yours? Yes? Never?

So you would have bought the fuel used in the boat that attacked the (http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/usscole_crsreport.htm)?

To answer you question at least partially: it depend on the reason we are in their country.

In other words, are we there to conquer, defend, protect something(or someone) or rescue?