Happy Thanksgiving

Originally Posted By: Ed Porter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello all,

Just a quick note to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Best Wishes.

--
Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all

I'm happy to second that !!

happy "turkeyday" to all ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We have a lot to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Nick

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

To: Nick and all the fine people at NACHI

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Stephen L. Guardino

Flagler Home Inspections
Palm Coast, Florida

www.FlaglerHomeInspections.Homestead.com

FlaglerHomeInspections@pcfl.net

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Happy “Turkey Day” everyone.

This is what my avatar will look like tomorrow.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: wcampbell

A Change in Plans

By: Barbara A. Tyler
Copyright (c) by "Today's Woman" November 2000

Martha Stewart will not be dining with us this Thanksgiving.

I'm telling you in advance, so don't act surprised. Since Ms. Stewart won't be coming, I've made a few small changes: Our sidewalk will not be lined with homemade, paper bag luminaries. After a trial run, it was decided that no matter how cleverly done, rows of flaming lunch sacks do not have the desired welcoming effect.

Once inside, our guests will note that the entry hall is not decorated with the swags of Indian corn and fall foliage I had planned to make. Instead, I've gotten the kids involved in the decorating by having them track in colorful autumn leaves from the front yard. The mud was their idea.

The dining table will not be covered with expensive linens, fancy china, or crystal goblets. If possible, we will use dishes that match and everyone will get a fork. Since this IS Thanksgiving, we will refrain from using the plastic Peter Rabbit plate and the Santa napkins from last Christmas.

Our centerpiece will not be the tower of fresh fruit and flowers that I promised. Instead we will be displaying a hedgehog-like decoration hand-crafted from the finest construction paper. The artist assures me it is a turkey. We will be dining fashionably late.

The children will entertain you while you wait. I'm sure they will be happy to share every choice comment I have made regarding giving, pilgrims and the turkey hotline. Please remember that most of these comments were made at 5:00 a.m. upon discovering that the turkey was still hard enough to cut diamonds.

As accompaniment to the children's recital, I will play a recording of tribal drumming. If the children should mention that I don't own a recording of tribal drumming, or that tribal drumming sounds suspiciously like a frozen turkey in a clothes dryer, ignore them. They are lying.

We toyed with the idea of ringing a dainty silver bell to announce the start of our feast. In the end, we chose to keep our traditional method. We've also decided against a formal seating arrangement. When the smoke alarm sounds, please gather around the table and sit where you like.

In the spirit of harmony, we will ask the children to sit at a separate table. In a separate room. Next door.

Now, I know you have all seen pictures of one person carving a turkey in front of a crowd of appreciative onlookers. This will not be happening at our dinner. For safety reasons, the turkey will be carved in a private ceremony. I stress "private" meaning: Do not, under any circumstances, enter the kitchen to laugh at me. Do not send small, unsuspecting children to check on my progress. I have an electric knife. The turkey is unarmed. It stands to reason that I will eventually win. When I do, we will eat.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind my young diners that "passing the rolls" is not a football play. Nor is it a request to bean your sister in the head with warm tasty bread.

Oh, and one reminder for the adults: For the duration of the meal, and especially while in the presence of young diners, we will refer to the giblet gravy by its lesser-known name: Cheese Sauce. If a young diner questions you regarding the origins or type of Cheese Sauce, plead ignorance.

Before I forget, there is one last change. Instead of offering a choice among 12 different scrumptious desserts, we will be serving the traditional pumpkin pie, garnished with whipped cream and small fingerprints. You will still have a choice; take it or leave it.

Martha Stewart will not be dining with us this Thanksgiving. She probably won't come next year either.

I am thankful.

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) Happy Thanksgiving ya'll ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
This Ole House-Home Inspections
William A. Campbell TREC # 6372
Serving the Texas Coastal Bend
(361) 727-0602 (home)
(361) 727-0055 (office)
(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: jwalker

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Will,

Can you keep your drawn out copied phyco babble on your other thread!!!

--
James Walker

Our Service Is A Long Term Investment!

OneSource Real Estate Inspections
DFW, Texas
www.dfwhomeinspector.com

Originally Posted By: psabados

To all my fellow inspectors and friends

Happy Thanksgiving

Paul

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Sorry that it offended you James. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. icon_wink.gif

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

articles. With all that unnecessary bickering going on in that thread, maybe they need an inspirational lift with your Thanksgiving message. Thank you kindly.

![](upload://orjs8ZmZ8U6FasFXy66tL9bkZLc.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

I am so thankfull that I am so liked here at NACHI. icon_wink.gif

(361) 727-0602 (home)

(361) 727-0055 (office)

(361) 229-4103 (cell)

Originally Posted By: lmartin

Happy Thanksgiving Friends !

Well today finally is here , can’t wait to sit down with family , push aside the work load. Thinking to myself , this is what life , is spending quality time with the ones we Love and most of all the FOOD ! Hmmm Good !..lol

Here in Maine ,after Thanksgiving its time for us to prepare for winter , get the wood in, bundle up and plan for the NEW Year ! search for new clients for Home Inspections , take courses through out the winter months to improve and upgrade my business.

So You all have a GREAT ! THANKSGIVING DAY !

Lester ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Dave,

I want to see your turkey cooked up real nice, lol. Does anybody else want Dave to cook up that bug eyed avatar turkey? I'm kind of on a little quest. I'm not stalking the turkey or anything, ok I am. ![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif) Just having a little fun, everyone have a great turkey day

--
NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: mrose

Be happy, be safe, and keep the Tums close by.

Best regards,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Hey Lester,

Up there in Maine, do you all have stuffed Lobster or Turkey? I could deal with a big ol' stuffed lobster right about now!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Blaine ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

Happy Thanksgiving eusa_dance.gif

from the best weather in the USA... today it's sunny, a light breeze and 81

Michael,

I've got to admit. You do have it made in the shade, living in Florida. It would be considered a year round vacation for me. We'll be getting lots of snow here, real soon.
You get your sunglasses and grill ready and I'll prep my snowblower.

Damn, I need an all-inclusive vacation down in the Keys.![](upload://11UEQbBrZALE6d5obtcPNpOVpsN.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Will,

I don't think I remember anyone saying they do not like you. Is what they are saying is that the inspirational messages should be kept in the "inspirational" thread where they belong.

Many inspectors are here to learn from others. Maybe even kid around a little and make a few friends. I believe they are saying that if they wanted to hear GOD'S word, they would be going to church and not NACHI.ORG.

Know what I mean?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jpope

Joe,

Well put. Here I agree with you 100% ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738