Hmmm, and I didn't even think I needed a new ID card...

I tried to get one only because it’s a requirement. I have no use for one and it would just sit in my desk drawer if I did have one. Can someone explain why it’s a requirement first?

If I want an ID card, I’ll make a Circle Z Inspection Services ID Card and issue it to myself. I can’t think of another profession where someone has an ID card from their trade association, any ID card I’ve seen is from the employer.

Even cops, they may be accredited by the state, but their ID (badge) is from their local department.

I could see it being an optional thing, but the ID card should be something that the individual can make fairly custom (include their logo, etc.) not the same for all iNACHI members.

Just my $.02.

It’s a good $.02 too. I think I agree.

I like the ID card. It has that little thing that clips onto my shirt. I don’t always wear it, but I do pull it out and put it on when I need to look “official” or “professional” somehow. Some areas of town, people are very suspicious, and the ID card helps me look like I’m supposed to be there. A few times it has even helped me just walk past the “gatekeeper” in a large real estate office. So I’ll keep using it as needed.

My first NACHI ID card had an expiration date, but the one I have now doesn’t have a date on it. If I remember right, somehow Russell Spriggs was involved in ordering it or making it?? Anyway, I’m glad it doesn’t expire, so I don’t have to hassle with replacing it. Just my $0.04 worth.

They should also be tied together with the certificate you get every year. Then INTERNACHI would know when they renew their membership and a certificate is sent out, it is time to put a new card in with the certificate. This would also save on mailing.

Totally agree

I also agree…

Indirectly, yes, James-
I work the NACHI HQ booths at all conventions I attend; the one in FL a couple of years ago was where I was helping Joel Doherty (Idaho NACHI) create the ID cards.
He got too busy, and found a local single mom to do them for NACHI.
Now, we are where we are . . . .