Home inspection fee increase

Effective June 1st I am raising my inspection fees to help offset 8+% inflation costs and increased fuel costs. Has anyone else done this or considering it?

4 Likes

I will consider it if I get the next one. But at thus rate, I’m biting it…

I raised mine about a month ago or so. But I saw today while doing some “surfing” a local competitor is still at $265 for all inspections. Their only step (according to their website) is homes over 5000 sq. ft. In that case you have to call for a quote, lol.

1 Like

We raised our prices as well.

3 Likes

This is per litre. :smiley:

Screen_Shot_2022-05-17_at_9.23.50_AM

5 Likes

Holy crap Jr. I paid 1.589 for regular at Costco today, retail in Calgary is 1.719
As far as price increases go for inspections, there are so many low ballers starting up in Calgary because of our busy market.

2 Likes

Inflation Buster Inspections “We eat the fuel cost, seller eats the repair costs” Call today!

7 Likes

$4.27 a gallon here. I just pumped $80 into my truck. That’s like 1/4 of the cost of an small inspection. Not to mention the driving distances have really increased over the past few years. That full tank just doesn’t last as long. ugh…there’s no way around it without raising the prices.

1 Like

They’re everywhere! :smiley:

3 Likes

They’re starving. The only way they know to (hopefully) get work is to lower their prices!
Us veteran inspectors know that never works, except to drive yourself out of business!
Good riddance… they were likely never serious about inspecting anyway!!

7 Likes

Three months ago I raised my minimum inspection fee by $100. I now no longer leave the office for less than $525.

13 Likes

Raised mine 20%. The real inflation # is way higher than 8%.

5 Likes

Agreed…you have to consider your product mix. For most of us, that is gas and food which is really high.

3 Likes

And the buyer goes to brunch

I went to brunch last weekend and, when the server handed us the bill, she said a 20% service fee was added to cover her benefits and health insurance, but that it was not a tip.

4 Likes

I should try that.

My inspection fee is $250
However, there is a $250 service fee to cover my healthcare, car payment, grandson’s braces and my annual vacation.

Seriously, who wants a surprise charge because the business owner is afraid to post real prices?

4 Likes

Yes, I had to raise a little, first raise in several years

20191229_cousin-eddie-Bingo

I increased my base rate for home inspections in December by $50 and also increased my mileage charge from $1/mile to $1.30 per mile. Crawlspaces went from $50 to $60. Mold and water quality sampling went up $50 for the base price, and I increased the radon testing base price by $25.
I think I’ll implement another wave of price increases in June, because I’ve never been busier. Jan Feb Mar and April have all been record breaking months and we have a week left in May and I’m about to break my May record.

That price increase in December wasn’t a raise, it was just to keep up with rising costs. :hot_face:
I’m not getting rich. But I do truly feel satisfied to be getting paid to do something I really enjoy.

6 Likes

Ditto, same here! I claim a ‘COLA’ every January 1 of every year!

2 Likes

More often than not, these two go hand n hand.

1 Like