Home Price / Medium Income Ration chart. This is nuts

2 Likes

Housing is becoming very UN-affordable.

2 Likes

People are getting extreme! … 8x income for a house. If that is the median, then 50% of people are now spending more than that :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings if you are in that 50% of recent homebuyers who spent more than 8X, but seriously, how can you afford that? Do you have enough money left over for food and other necessities?

5 Likes

That’s so awesome.

6 Likes

The bubble will burst soon. People will be upside down with their home like it was years ago.
My home is free and clear. I built it years ago.
We owe no one what the exception of the utilities and f**king taxes. Property taxes here are high compared to other Florida counties.
I own all our cars and trucks, But we have save up enough to buy my wife a new or fairly new SUV here soon.
Debt is a sin.

5 Likes

We’ve been in our house for 21 years and was paid off early. Never made much money (and still don’t) but we can live with a freedom that many can’t because of no debt and living within our means. I would wish this for everyone. A couple years ago my wife saw our tax forms and wondered whether we should keep our long-standing every Saturday lunch date. I showed her the current checking account balance and the balance from a year ago. It wasn’t less. Keep going to work and watch what you spend and be a long-term thinker.

6 Likes