How the Client Fidelity Pledge Will Work

Nope. Most who join InterNACHI are already inspectors and all who renew their membership are existing inspectors and our renewal rate is higher than any other trades association of any industry in the world: www.nachi.org/memberstats.htm

Almost all of InterNACHI’s revenue comes from existing inspectors renewing their membership.

Go back and read what Chris said not what you imagine it to say.

I will direct you back to the wording of the pledge.

A home inspector can just as easily provide his client with a telephone number directly to ADT if his client has such concerns, just as he does when he directs his client to contact other professionals regarding other concerns. He has no reason to refer his client to a lead broker, IMO.

When he chooses to provide the clients’ contact information to a lead broker instead, as you suggested … and receives something in return for it … he has violated the pledge. His competitor … or his client … or real estate agent … will have a copy of his sworn affidavit to present (with their evidence of his violation) to the appropriate body for action.

It’s a decision that the inspector will have to make on his own. If it were me, and my client expressed the concerns that you mention, I would include contact information for several contractors in my report for him to call on his own.

Nope. We simply have no way of reaching human beings who are thinking about becoming a home inspector because we don’t know who they are. We don’t have anyone on staff who can mind read.

We are mostly confined to contacting existing inspectors with public websites dedicated to the inspection industry or licensed inspectors listed on government websites.

lol…lol…lol…

Don’t stop the spin to quickly, you’ll keel over.:shock:

Thanks for the clarification Jim.

Now, how about if he doesn’t “receive something in return for it” ? Has he violated the pledge?

Have you read the pledge, Nick?

Michael, you attributed Christopher’s quote to me. On behalf of both Christopher and I… please fix your post #45. Thanks in advance.

Yes.

What part of it is giving you the most difficulty?

It is plain and simple. If you are looking for a way to take the pledge while still participating with lead brokers … it’s not there. Don’t take the pledge.

done. Sorry

I can’t, by reading the pledge, determine if I’ve violated the pledge when I release my client’s information with their consent, for their benefit, without receiving compensation or consideration for myself. I was hoping you could tell me.

Find a staffer to read it to you, then. If you are looking for a way to take the pledge while still participating with lead brokers … it’s not there. Don’t take the pledge. You could get in serious trouble.

Perhaps your pledge doesn’t address such a scenario. Thanks.

The pledge is designed to set apart inspectors who DO NOT sell their clients data and/or include telemarketing waivers in their contracts … from those who do.

It is not up for interpretation. It is not designed for everyone. It should not be taken frivolously and … frankly, if you need to parse sentences and words or split hairs to make it fit your business model … you should NOT TAKE THE PLEDGE. It could end up getting you sued - and fraud, in many jurisdictions, carries unlimited punitive damages.

Thank you for your assistance in illustrating this very important point, Nick.

That is a great question, glad you asked. Yesterday I noticed there is another alarm guy on the message board who is promising to give the home inspectors client the $200 kick back normally reserved for the home inspector, and I thought… How could I provide this worthwhile benefit to my client while still protecting his privacy as outlined on The Client Fidelity Pledge? Here’s the answer I came up with…

I have added a Homeowner Savings section to my report… If a vendor has a program which will save the client money they can be listed there and the client can contact them directly… CoE/Client Pledge problem solved.

Good thinking Joe. I’m pleased to see that you’ve found a way to help your client learn about and enjoy the value the vendor is offering. Some of these vendor deals are awesome!

Yep.

Wait till you see how I provide appliance recall information in my program without using Mr. Green-shirt’s program… Some of really do Make It Safer. :wink:

It’s all good.

They have a shirt for that too!!!

We Make it Safer.jpg