Humidifier Recall

The Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling 12 brands of dehumidifiers due to serious fire and burn hazards. More than two million dehumidifiers are being recalled.

At least 46 fires are believed to be linked to the dehumidifiers causing more than $2 million in property damage. The CPSC says the dehumidifiers can overheat, smoke and catch fire, posing risks to consumers. So far, no injuries have been reported.

This recall involves dehumidifiers with brand names Danby, De’Longhi, Fedders, Fellini, Frigidaire, Gree, Kenmore, Norpole, Premiere, Seabreeze, SoleusAir and SuperClima.

The dehumidifiers were sold nationwide at major retailers between January 2005 and August of this year. Consumers should immediately turn off and unplug the dehumidifiers and contact Gree at 866-853-2802 for a refund.

You can also go to CPSC.gov for more information on the exact models involved in the recall.

From KSHB-TV and Keith King, a great local consumer reporter.

Good info Thanks Gary, much appreciated … Roy

Scared me for a second there, your title is “humidifier recall”. I just bought a new Aprilaire last moth

I found one (dehumidifier) in a flip I inspected the other day, in the laundry sink in the basement, plugged in & running, but the “installer” never even removed the shrink wrap from the thing & it was hot enough to start a fire.

Thanks for the info Gary.

Procedure during Radon testing??? :mrgreen:

Does recall check find these? :wink:

Opps. Yep, should be dehumidifier. I actually have one. Does run hot. Can you change the heading of a thread?

Gary, if you go to advanced mode in the original post you can change the title.

Yes RecallChek will find these :slight_smile:

Are you in the habit of entering portable appliances into recall check?

I didn’t think so

Really, so you Recall check guys check dehumidifiers too?

I’m impressed. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not the question you asked Mike

I didn’t think so:roll:

I answered your original question, do you have another?

Recall check does no such thing if based only on what the inspector inputs to their system.

But you already know that.

And don’t forget the CSPC’s other important recall announced today.