HVAC - Drip leg vs. Sediment trap

You are right I don’t respect you now. It’s youre lack of understanding. You respect codes and that’s big with me. You need direction and education. You’re almost there but you need to take a step back and look from the outside in. You’ve really pissed off some great resources on this forum. Maybe a reset and apology is in order. That would be a humbling experience and you will be welcomed with open arms I promise.

2 Likes

I was assuming, based on the actions of others on this thread…Kinda in defensive mode here if you can’t tell lol

Brain,
who says we have to stay in the world of codes here, feel free to produce other literature regarding drips vs sediment traps. I have been waiting.

Here was one

Here is snip-it from Bradford White interchanging the term

1 Like

Here is another
https://www.ncwaterheaters.com/drip-leg-sediment-trap-for-fuel-piping/

1 Like

If you think I give a ____ about pissing you off, or any of your egotistical friends who are digging up my personal information online, threating to call my work, and defamating me in my professional capacity on this forum, your a fool Martin. I wouldn’t apologize to you, or anyone who you endorse, ever. You understand me?

Here is another manufacturer

2 Likes

Thanks Brain,
Let me look through what you provided.

You will find @mwilles who has tons of experience was on the mark the whole time. Code is good for us and the industry. How to apply that knowledge is where he can help you.

2 Likes

You guys have fun and carry on…

4 Likes

Thomas is always good for a smile.

2 Likes

He has provided essentially nothing useful minus the InterNACHI diagram. If he want to actually use his knowledge, and provide useful information he is free to do so…don’t worry about protecting him. He can take care of himself.

Nope I’d never do that. Time for a step back and a reset. You have attacked many excellent men on this forum in one solitary day. I respect every man you have attacked and in time you will learn their unselfish advice will contribute to your career.

Where you go from here is your choice.

2 Likes

Good thinkin’ Chrissy!
Hope he keeps it up. It’s just a matter of time to join the Parks grave site

https://forum.nachi.org/t/governance-of-visitors-and-civility-of-this-forum/161821

2 Likes

Brain,
You have provided a screen shot with no visible manufacture name, a reference to someone else’s post talking about what bradford white states, could you please try to provide straight from the source?

I do see where the water heater supplier that you referenced says “commonly called a sediment trap”. They are just stating that it is commonly called that. We know from the IRC Commentary that this is a wide spread misconception, so I don’t think the information is very strong. But I do appreciate an effort by you to provide something to the contrary.

You sir, are one hell of a TROLL lol

Brian,
I am interested in seeing what you can provide from the manufacturer’s though…Thanks

That’s actually a very good read. Spot on!

3 Likes

Just PLEASE keep it up

1 Like