iGo acquiring HomeBinder and Repair Pricer

You can go to uspto.gov and search on “manage my home” and read their patent.

Exactly.

It’s some Vito Corleone level stuff going on.

20 states including CA don’t have licenses. You know that.

Realtors and home buyers don’t know the difference between Nachi, ASHI or a hole in the wall. They don’t know and don’t care about accreditation.

Denial isn’t just a river in Eygpt.

You’re letting Igo be a superior product in the eyes of California Real Estate agents and living in denial of it.

You have become like a taxi driver taking an Uber an thinking this is pretty cool.

1 Like

@gromicko Nick, will you please explain what impact you believe iGo has to offer the industry for consumers or inspectors? They look to me like another middleman trying to extract value from the labor of building inspectors while doing nothing remarkable.

Their claim (and Inspectify’s) about modernizing our industry is nonsense. Yes, there are old dogs that won’t embrace the conveniences of modern tech, but there’s plenty of newer inspectors or privately owned inspection businesses keeping up with it. I don’t see what these businesses are doing that’s adding value to anyone but their own pockets by interfering in the relationship between the provider and the client.

I agree with you that our skillset could serve property management fairly well, but this is not a novel idea. I think the general lack of interest lies in how frustrating it is to deal with tenants. I used to work as a leasing agent and property manager, and the nonsense is next level. You’re sandwiched right in between the landlord and tenant’s conflicting interests. For inspectors, I think we find it not worth the trouble for 6-10% of rent revenue.

I may be thinking too small, but almost every one of these “visionaries” trying to change our industry gets nothing more than an eye roll from me. I have yet to see anything truly disruptive. It appears to be solutions looking for problems.

1 Like