Inspected, Restricted Access

1 Like

Famous last words!!

2 Likes

I’m with you @ruecker. Sometimes you gotta risk it for the biscuit. I applaud you, sir.

3 Likes

Is that how your insurance feels? Or don’t you carry any?

It all comes down to the specific circumstances, including drive distance to the inspection. If it was a 15 minute drive, maybe not risking it. If it is 30 minutes, more likely to risk it. Just have to take proper precautions of course. I am too busy to be trying to schedule a return trip no one wants to pay for.

1 Like

Who gives a crap? I pay good money for coverage of my stupid ideas, lol. Otherwise they are useless to me!

2 Likes

I won’t tell if you won’t :wink:

As long as it’s not a 63 split window or a 67 427 convertible. :wink:

I won’t throw any stones. I’ve done my share of questionable things during an inspection. It’s all about cost vs benefit. We all access that differently. I regularly walk roofs that I know many inspectors won’t walk including the one yesterday.
Sometimes, I look back and say, “That was dumb. Don’t do that again.”

1 Like

Checklist aside, you will need a narrative for items on the SOP that you did not inspect explaining exactly why the particular item was not.inspected. Simply checking a box is not enough.

1 Like

HaHa! How about like a 1963 corvette?

Okay, so I go to the attic access and there is a Corvette preventing me from getting up to the door.

On my checklist, why would I select Restricted Access, instead of Not Inspected, Inaccessible?

Is the Restricted Access selection not redundant?

My brain is stuck on this.

Thanks

1 Like

Well IMO… the Split Window is way-y-y overrated, and priced so that nobody except a “MN Libtard operating a LEARING Center” can ever afford one!!
Besides… anyone that really must have one, only needs to follow Ryans’ example above, and they can have one in short order!! (Split-window, get it?)!
As for the '67 Convertible, I absolutely agree… as long as it has the 4-speed… and it ain’t painted BLACK!!

2 Likes

HaHa!! I do like the idea of a telescoping ladder.

So hypothetically, My telescoping ladder does not quite reach over the corvette under the access door - On my checklist, why would I selected Restricted Access, instead of Not Inspected, Inaccessible?

Is the Restricted Access selection not redundant?

My brain is stuck on this.

Thanks

Restricted/Hazardous Access would be more appropriate!!

Good for you Larry, how’d ya do it?

HaHa!! I have never heard “risk it for the biscuit” - I like it and will definitely use it in a sentence today.

Even still - Is “Restricted Access” not redundant in lieu of “Not Inspected - Inaccessible”

My brain is red-lining on this.

Steve

That all depends on how you explain the “Inaccessible” thing, which you MUST!!

1 Like

Yes, may I be so bold as to declare on this day, that, Restricted Access is redundant in lieu of “Not Inspected_Inaccessible_with explanation”

All those in favor say Aye

Carnivore diet for 90 days.

It took me about a week to figure how much I needed to eat and when. I was amazed how long the protein lasted in my system for energy. Turns out my body likes the good feeling of turning protein into long term energy much more so than turning sugar and carbohydrates into short term energy.

I ate only breakfast and dinner…2 meals a day…still do.

I just did that and went about my life. I didn’t weigh myself but 2x in 90 days. I went by how I felt and looked and how my clothes fit.

I am feeling my way into more of a keto diet now days.

I was carrying 2 heavy bowling balls (16 lbs. x 2) around and didn’t really like it.

Once I owned what I had done to my body, it was easier to make a change. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Restricted vs Inaccessible — Meaning and Usage

“Restricted” and “inaccessible” are both adjectives describing limitations, but they differ in scope, origin, and usage.

1. Restricted

  • Meaning: Limited in access, use, or availability due to rules, permissions, or conditions. It can apply to people, places, or information.

  • Examples:

    • “The building is restricted to authorized personnel only.”

    • “The website is restricted to registered users.”

  • Usage: Common in everyday and formal contexts. Often used when access is allowed under certain conditions.

2. Inaccessible

  • Meaning: Not able to be reached, entered, or used at all, often due to physical, technical, or conceptual barriers. It implies a total lack of access.

  • Examples:

    • “The mountain road was inaccessible after the avalanche.”

    • “The data was inaccessible due to a server error.”

6 Likes