Inspecting Appliances

I do the appliance inspections also, but have clients sign some extra paperwork. Appliance’s can really cause some big problems, remember where the breakers are, believe me I have seen some bad things happen. Fire/flood and more, bad eletrical hook ups etc. Take the time to learn a little about them ! Carry a main water line cut off tool !!!

Good Luck to All And happy (to be) Saint Paddys Day.

Hi all,

I have been inspecting the appliances up to this point. But there was always some thought eating away at the back of my mind regarding not following the SOP in this one point. I agree with you all that the appliance inspections take little time and are very important for the buyer and agent to see you doing. It really doesn’t make much sense to me to inspect all around them without operating them. You have confirmed what I thought would be the correct answer and eliminated that question in the back of my mind regarding the SOP. Thanks again for all the great advice! Have a great night.

Thanks again to James and Eric for addressing the liability issues. That also was a concern and you have given me some thoughts to look into. All you guys are great! Thanks.