InterNACHI releases new, free, online, Radon Measurement Service Provider course.

What type of certification does michigan require?
Thanks.
Any reviews on sunnuclear testing equipment?

Really need you guys to get all your courses approved in VA.
Any updates on the NRSB or NRPP approval?

They all are. VA accepts online courses. http://www.nachi.org/virginia-home-inspector-certification.htm

They are presently evaluating our application for approval.

Wow…Ben, my mistake. This certainly makes my CEUs easier to achieve.
Thanks a million

starting

Yes. This one is: Advanced Radon Measurement Service Provider Course - InterNACHI®

Hello, I am hoping to add Radon Inspection to an existing Mold Inspection co. Will this course allow me to do that? Thank you.

Where are you located, Lisbeth
?

It’s time to get familiar with Radon.

Is this course accepted as a prerequisite to the C-NRPP Radon Measurement Certification Exam for Canada or will I require another?

It is NRPP-AARST-IAC2 approved.

Starting the Radon training course, looking forward to be able to offer this testing service to my clients.

Hi everybody,
I’m beginning the Radon Measurement Service Provider portion of the coursework.

For those already providing this service… is there “best” or “most preferred” equipment to get started with??

Starting the course…

Hi Guys… My first time taking any internachi course. I’m ready! :slight_smile:

Welcome, Paul. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact us at Contact InterNACHI

Starting course. Fulfill the continuing ed. requirements in order to maintain Radon Service Provider certification status. Time for renewal in the state of Maine. I’m sure it will be a great course. Thank you for providing it free to InterNachi members.

This is a picture of a Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) system installed in a new home in Cedar Falls, IA. The course mentions this is a method to reduce radon concentration in a home. These HRV systems bring in fresh air which would dilute radon. These HRVs are required in this area. Also, if looked closely, the system is unplugged.

I wanted to share this picture of an active sub-slab depressurization remediation system installed in a relatively new home in Waterloo, IA. Initially, newer homes in this area are plumbed as a passive system using either 3" or 4" PVC pipe and an exhaust fan can be added as needed. As you can see, the fan was installed inside the home and sets about 5 feet over a typical sump pit. The correct installation would have mounted the fan outside the conditioned space, either in the attic, outside at least 10-ft above the ground or roof mounted. The owner installed the fan himself after two consecutive radon measurement averaged 4.5 piC/L.

Fan is suppose to be on a vertical riser also.