Is there a table with all required measurements?

Hello.
Continuing my ongoing training by working through the more in-depth modules.
I’m sure the MANY requirements for measurements (mins, maxes, diameters, ex: plumbing standpipes, etc.) will all eventually be committed to memory, but is there a “table of required measurements” or some such (preferably divided into “Plumbing”, “Roofing”, etc.) available for downloading to my phone?

Measurements are not a huge portion of my inspection, but knowing safety clearances can help your client have a safer home.

In the beginning, I carried a little 3-ring binder with illustrations. I was mostly concerned with stairs, guards, and flues/chimneys. I am sure inspectors will add a few more measurement concerns here.

There is also a code checkbook for reference. Of course, we are not code inspectors and I focus on safety primarily. As far as downloading to your phone, I have nothing.

Be sure to get the correct addition.

1 Like

Thank you, Brian!

1 Like

“The book” is an okay reference but be cautious - not all municipalities use the same code. Until very recently, my village used a different code than did the town. On top of that, the neighboring town and village did not use the same code either and nearby cities had their own version.

2 Likes

Thank you, Thomas!