Is This Acceptable ???

I did an inspection yesterday on a 1930’s era house that had been moved several blocks & set on a new block foundation. The edges of the studwall were attached with truss/hurricane clips to the block foundation with one screw per clip every 3 or 4 floor joists around the perimeter of the house. I removed some of the rim joist insulation & could not find any anchor bolts. This to me does not seem sufficient to hold a 1500 sq. ft. house down. It appeared to be enough room to put anchor bolts in, or would that make it impossible to set a house on them in this situation ???
Please help as soon as you can, I have to get the report to them today. I was just going to refer them to a structural engineer to clarify.

NOTE:::After looking back thru my photo’s I se that there are no sill plates at all, just floor joists, builder/seller said it didn’t have any fasteners at all holding it down at prior location & he thinks it’s just fine, did open up a can of worms here or what??? Hope the photo comes out ok…
Thanx,
T.J…

What do the engineer documents say?

This is the way I have always done it, but I installed the hurricane straps every other floor joist. I never had a house blow away yet. This may not be the correct answer but this is the only answer I got. Basically I do not know what is the correct way but this is the common practice in my area.
As far as the correct number of straps, it is kinda like only driving two nails in the bottom of the sill plate into the wall stud. I was taught by the old time contractors that three nails is the only way to do it or when toe nailing in trusts you drive in four nails instead of just two (two on each side). I have found no contractor preforming these practices anymore. That why we see house with roofs blown off or the sill plated bolted to the foundation is the only thing left. I have actually see a house that took a direct hit by a tornado that was built the old way. It was not standing no more but the lumber was twisted. It looked like it actually put up a fight before it got blown apart. After inspecting other builder’s work, I can understand why insurance is so high. Sad but true.

Describe what is there and state that it is beyond your scope to determine if this is an acceptable method and to consider consultation/evaluation with a qualified contractor.

Alot would depend on the seismic zone you are in. In my area this would not be adequate.

Thanx for the replies all. I just spoke to our local city building inspector & he said this wont fly here, must be anchor bolts every 6 ft. I mentioned the Simpson Strong ties & he acted like he’d never heard of them. He hadn’t been able to get in to look at this house yet, but sure will make a point of doing so now, oh crap ! did I just kill a deal ??? He said that hes’s the only one that the realtors hate worse than me…