Is this your photo (missing kickout damage)?

Wow, so that was decay from splashback! But it looked like there was some kind of fabric installed behind the siding.

1. Was there an exterior wall membrane of some type that was not water resistant?
  2. Was that window trim with the knife in it rotting from the back toward the front?

Peter, I sent you an email to prinspects@yahoo.com

That was TY-VEK

Got your email, I have a commercial report I need to get out today but will send you the picture’s as soon as I finish. Have another example that you can use too.

Great, thanks!
Tyvek, jeez, I’ve never seen it that color before. Or maybe discolored is a better term. I’d have thought it would have kept the moisture away from the sheathing enough to have prevented splashback from reaching the sheathing.

I do.

My thinking too. Don’t know about up north but vinyl siding down here gets brittle. It can be easy to split a piece if you are not careful.

If it’s brittle in warm temperatures like Florida, it sure must be a cheap vinyl. :slight_smile:

When it gets old it can be brittle.

That is true for ALL things…Huh?

Aah, that’s just bullshOH! Oh my back! Wait… Wait… all I did was twist around to set my beer on the table. Ow… Ow…

Painstakingly part of reality I guess.
Knees, shoulders, hands, joints, back. It all goes with time.

It does. I’m starting to feel it at 51

After 45 years of construction it gets worse and you start paying for all the past abuse in pain.

I got out after 32 years and my back has slowly been recovering. Been out of it for 13 years now and it only hurts for a little while first thing in the morning. Lots of us have had that “OH! wait… wait… wait…” moment.

45 years, I don’t know how you do it, Marcel.

I’m at 32-33 years in construction and I carry around a big 6’ 7" 240lb body. It is starting to take it’s toll.

I was a working supervisor for over 35 of those years, so that helped a little Kenton.
Working at the shipyard now is like a walk in the park. I need the relief. :slight_smile: