Jan 1st 2018 weather you inspect pools or not!!!

Mike thank you so much for the information.

You’re welcome.

This is why the client no longer gets the option to “opt out” of the P&S inspection with me. If I am REQUIRED to report on something, the client will be charged accordingly.

I’ve inspected many pools since the law went into effect.

Yesterday was the first time since the new law I had to document that 1 item was indeed installed properly, but that was still less than 2.

Every other pool so far was an easy “0 of 2” installed.

0 of 2 correctly installed for me on all inspections with pools.

Usually find them in the attic.

Yesterday’s pool was an above ground pool with no water in it that is scheduled to be demolished.

I supposed technically I still need to say 0 of 2.

I have a question / comment , I would think the new rules on pools should be in the realtors disclosure statements like smoke and carbon detectors ?? I don’t have a problem noting it in my report but are we required to do so ?? I don’t do pool inspection but I do look at the visible condition of the equipment and electrical and refer to a pool pro if I see a problem.

Yes, you are required to even if you don’t inspect pools or the client does not want a pool inspection.

This is a requirement for home inspectors and has nothing to do with realtors or disclosures.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike

FYI:

As of June 25th, the California Association of Realtors Forms will be updated to specifically disclose the home inspectors duty to inspect the pool safety barriers.

It will be on the SBSA (Statewide Buyer and Seller Advisory) form.