Largest state for inspectors (FL) formally adopts InterNACHI's exam for licensing.

Man, I love I don’t know…great answer.

But does that term sound good to you Nick? Only letting chapters perform the proctoring? INACHI gets a piece of the pie and the chapter gets the rest? That is awesome and a way for chapters to raise money and maybe even have chapters born to accommodate the influx.

Thanks Nick!

If a chapter wants to raise money, they can keep the entire 1st-years dues from anyone that they get to join InterNACHI.

Awesome, thanks!..

Great idea…the chapter will need Fl.approved instructors I believe.

Currently, we have four community college test centers taking the examinee appointments. The current four licensing training schools/instructors will soon be providing proctored exams to their students. And then we’ll look towards expanding the program according to demand.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t part of “proctoring” having the test administered by a third non biased party?

We are the third-party. That’s why Florida went with InterNACHI.

Very true, but you’re not a non biased third party, in other words you have something to gain by having more inspectors pass the test.

Now in saying that, I’m not meaning to imply that NACHI would “cheat” or “help” testers pass the test, but just playing devils advocate here.

The InterNACHI Proctored Test Centers are partners in good standing with InterNACHI and shall abide by the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines for College Testing Centers for proctoring examinations. The InterNACHI Proctored Test Centers will offer testing services to examinees in a controlled, proctored environment.
Test Center Locations:

Thanks for the post Ben & congrats on the coup.

That is exactly what I thought.

Now, when it comes to Ohio, I hope that NACHI will stand with me to fight against any potential licensing or registration requirements. :wink:

I suppose, sort of. Using that logic one could say the NHIE had an interest in inspectors not passing so that the inspector would have to pay the NHIE another exorbitant fee. I guess that’s one of the reasons the state switched to InterNACHI.

I see your point, sort of. :wink:

Anyway, IMO it’s good to see the NHIE get competition in the area of proctored exams being administered to HIs.

Competition is always a good thing. :smiley:

Thanks, Kevin. In whatever way we can help you, just ask.

By the way, you might consider updating your CMI® and InterNACHI logos on your website. CMI has a new logo for downloading at Certified Master Inspector® Resources and InterNACHI’s logo is at http://www.nachi.org/logos.htm. I believe potential clients would prefer seeing http://www.nachi.org/cpi.htm

Yo Nick, remember me? The very SAME should apply to Québec IF you resuscitate the FRENCH exam!
G

I do like the new CMI logo. I am looking at re-doing my whole website in the not to distant future and plan updating all the old logos then, although I do like the old NACHI logo I have posted, call me old school. :smiley:

How does this help the Internachi member? They are all at Universities and none of the monies can be used for chapters. So the money for the test goes to someone else.

Seems like Same old Poo under a different name. Good for Internachi, not good for the members.

So now I get it…Headquarters doesn’t want to share the pie, they want the WHOLE pie…I thought they just like getting their beak wet, apparently they want the whole bowl of water, as unsual.

Schedule the time and date and then call LISA…I am sure that is for a payment…LMAO…go figure, and I hear they made it sound as if it was for the “members”, More BS from the head shed…I should figured it out.

Russell, I set up the fee structure so that InterNACHI (headquarters) only gets $25 at most. The entire whopping $25 goes to InterNACHI to provide www.nachi.org/benefits.htm for you and other members. If you think that is too little, I can raise it.

If you are saying that we should charge more so that we can afford more www.nachi.org/benefits.htm for you and fellow members, I agree. How much more are you proposing InterNACHI take to support member benefits? Can you suggest an actual dollar figure? The program has barely launched so now is the time to speak up.

Keep in mind that the purpose of this thing was to save the inspector money. So when you propose InterNACHI charge more, you are also proposing the inspector pay more. Yes, the few dollars we charge go to InterNACHI and so help InterNACHI members, I get that… but the inspector paying the proctoring fee probably doesn’t see it your way.

Nick -

Since your perception is askew as usual and you make something into a fight that was never a fight.

The money the local colleges are making could be used at the chapter level. You stuck it in our ends at grandfathering and your doing it again. The chapters could use an income stream and I am not saying JUST ONE chapter, ALL of them.

But instead you give that income stream to colleges…thanks. You want the NEW member to get blah blah blah…what about the EXISTING members? Why start a chapter, you could care less about their success and when ideas come up, you stick it in again…

One thing I can say about you Nick…you eventually screw everyone…at least your consistent.

OK. Done. The chapters can have the $25 InterNACHI was taking. I view it as being all in the same pot. Anything else?