I am not an inspector, but I would appreciate any information that you can provide. My house was hit by lightning 6 weeks ago. It entered the roof and exited through the siding. It fried most of the low voltage wiring as well as some of the appliances. It also damaged some minor structure in the attic, roof and all the sheetrock in the upstairs rooms.
I have been concerned about the electrical wiring and can’t seem to find information about what should be inspected and how. I hired a disaster recovery company for the repairs (bad choice). one line item they had was a megameter check. I talked to the electrician who performed the check, he said he just spot-checked some of the outlets, switches and breakers to see if they were functioning. I am concerned about the safety of my wiring and can’t find anybody who knows anything.
Am I overly worried? Any suggestions?