Looking for....

Does any know of a program that will take a bunch of data points and create a formula out of it.

Example,

I could punch in the data points of

X =Y
1 =2.8
2 =5.6
3 =9.6
4 =9.1
5 =11.2
6 =15.6
7 =15.5
8 =16.8
9 =21.4
10 =22.0
11 =22.6
12 =27.2
13 =28.4
14 =28.4
15 =32.9
16 =34.8
17 =34.4
18 =38.5
19 =41.2
20 =40.6
21 =44.0

which hapens to makes a graph like w1.jpg
and the program would figure out that the formula to make that graph would have to be y=2x+sin(x)*cos(x)*pi

Is there such a program?

The below is written by my darling Daughter, Elishava. Entering Senior, Niles North. (BTW, she is under age. I know you guys too well.)

Hope this help;

Get an Texas Instruments TI-83+ calulator, commonly used by High School Algebra / Trig courses around here. Good booklet that explains everything.

Any PC package programs that do statistical graphics (ask for a program that derives a formula from scatter plots). Best Buy, around here, has it.

Just one thing… NACHI ROCKS (but you giys can’t do math :mrgreen: )

Cool icons, though.

Hi Nick. Does this mean I get to go to Toronto?

Thanks Elishava and Will Pease come back more often we need the help you can provide and your thoughts are not stuck on homes like we are .
Glald to have you visit . Roy Cooke

Thanks Elishava, I will try your suggestions.

Roy, you misunderstand. Elishava was the one asking Nick to go to Toronto. She has been nagging me to take her and thought she could pull an end run around me to Nick.

Darn smarty girl children!

OH! no I new exactly what she was trying .
I am not going to get between you and yours.
4 kids would try maw then me to win and we always backed up each other by saying what did your mother say .
Got to love them they try and stay ahead of Maw and Paw .
No I apprecite their thoughts and love to have posts by none HIs .
It can make us some times see things in a different way.
Toronto is a great city . if you do it take as much time as you can lots to see.
Try and also see Niagara Falls Awesome much better from the Canadian side as it makes a turn before it tumbles .
Try Maid of the mist Too never to be a forgoten trip.
Roy Cooke .