Member makes financial donation to expand our Video Library.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Member Russel Kirk recently made a large financial donation to help expand our free Video Library.

Thanks Russel!

Nick

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Russel,

Thanks for making a donation. One of the best ways to make sure we have competent inspectors is to provide them with low cost or no cost training and education.

Thanks again.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: chorne

Thanks Russel,

Much appreciated!!

Carla

Originally Posted By: rray

With all modesty, I gave the money hoping that Nick could find the absolute best book or video that would help me find my second “l” that got lost so many years ago. My other “l” is lonely.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: John Cagliostro

I have tons of digital photos of defects that I took over the years. I keep each set and burn on a CD. Can NACHI use them? Let me know the best way I can deliver the photos to NACHI. Experience dictates that only a few photos at any one time can be e-mailed.

John Cagliostro
CSNJ, Inc.

Now that’s a great suggestion. Nick, I would volunteer to help in a venture such as this. If people, like, would like, to, like, email their pictures, like, to me with, like, a caption or explanation or something, like, I would, like, categorize them, like, and put together, like, pages and, like, create a real nice PDF file, like, and if someone wanted to, like, get the Electric page or, like, the Plumbing page, or like, something like that, then, like, I could email it to them. Like, what do you think? Too many likes? I’m watching a documentary on the San Fernando Valley right now where the residents, like, use “like” after every other word. Like, I live in California, but they, like, seem to be even more strange than I am!

Or maybe no captions. Maybe just the pictures and you tell me what's wrong. Hey, it could be a visual test rather than a multiple choice word test. Now that would be innovative.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Russel,

I am staggered by your generosity of spirit, not the least of which is the fact that you have only just joined us. It is truly great to see a new member getting to grips so quickly with the spirit of helpfulness that drives this organization, many many thanks.

On the subject of photos I have a large collection of pics from various sources that I use with My HI class I will Burn a copy and let you have them, I think your Idea of using them in our testing is BRILLIANT, and we can also use them with the on-line training that Chris is developing.

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

I originally had a problem with posting photos “over there” because the owner “over there” required us to pass ownership to him, which I could not do. To use such photos for educational purposes is something that I can do, and I think using them for education and testing certainly has the potential to move us far, far to the forefront and has the potential to provide an answer to “Why NACHI?” So many home inspectors claim that real life experience is needed; I might disagree with a portion of that depending on what study materials are available. Real life is needed only because of the fact that people are involved and people do the strangest things (meaning that each job could provide something new and interesting).

I will begin going through my large library of digital photos and collecting the interesting ones. I think we need both pictures of what is right and what is wrong, although the wrong ones are by far the more interesting.

I'm sure glad this site doesn't tell people how many times I edited this message like the site "over there" does.

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Russel:

Perhaps we could make a fun section: "What's wrong with this picture?" whereby each picture has an answer link.

CA Translation:

Like perhaps we could make like a fun section: "What's wrong with this picture?" whereby each picture has like an answer link.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hey Nick, that’s kinda like a totaly RAD idea Dude icon_lol.gif

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI Education Committee

e-mail : education@nachi.org

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

John and Russel (and anyone else who has archived pictures of defects),

Send CDs of images to NACHI and I'll build a "What's wrong with this picture" section of nachi.org. The more images we have, the better, as I believe we have something like 55 Gigs of space on the server left ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://rbv87SaK3y3Hqm9iNxVMmNX9yzW.html)

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Any resolution is fine, as I can convert them. Hires is actually better because then I can convert to the exact size I want. If you’re just sending a few, e-mail them directly to me. Maybe once the section is up I’ll make a form that lets you upload them.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://rbv87SaK3y3Hqm9iNxVMmNX9yzW.html)

For example, what’s wrong with this picture? According to buyer’s agent, this renovated structure was completed and ready for move-in. This roof was over the living room. Granted, it is dry in San Diego, but not dry enough for this.

![](upload://SQrc7i0SyUvUeJIpNxIbsL7NpJ.jpeg)

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Originally Posted By: Brian Maloney

Hey, what’s wrong with that – i bet it’s even exterior grade.

What an awesome idea on the picture quiz/instruction! NACHI could even put together a book for all those training courses.

"NACHI-Ohs!" to all you volunteering your prized photos. From Gerry's posts on the other thread -- those were yours, weren't they? -- I bet he can do a chapter on "Guess the Dead Animal".

Brian

Brian

--
Brian Maloney, NACHI
Valley Forge Chapter