Message from Claude Lawrenson

Bill, it was an honest question termed as a little joke at Roy’s expense. If you can’t take a joke to hell with you.

George:

With the barrage of insults and accusations I receive from some on this forum, the space between jokes and insults is pretty blurred and I am sorry if I misread it. (It seems Raymond saw it the same way I did)

I’m certainly not headed to heaven anyway, so your comment above is likely deserved.

I will answer your question. Until the end of this year, you need 750 ‘points’ which are assigned for many things including courses, seminars, experience, etc. I don’t have the individual breakdown handy since I don’t participate in that part of the program. I have seen it and it is quite comprehensive. The National Certification Council works with the formula which was devised by the indpeendent professional consultants, based on similar models in use in other industries. On Jan 1, 2008 the level goes to 850.

If I remember correctly, (and I could be out a few here and there) it’s broken into three categories, with each having a maximum number of points available.

1. Background: 50 points for each recognized degree, diploma, designation etc. up to 250 points. You can also get 25 to 50 points for being a building contractor or other recognized trade (with proof) There are others too but I can’t remember them all.
  2. Inspections done: One point per full inspection to a maximum of 500
  3. Education: 2 to 3 points per course hour and 4 points for each hour of field training. (mentoring) This also has a maximum of 500 points.

So you see, any combination can get you 750 points. On the surface it looks like you could get the maximum for 1 & 3 and get certified without any inspections. Not so. You have to have at least 150 inspections to qualify and you must have been inspecting for at least one year. After all this you have the pesky but necessary TIPR.

I hope that helps.

Bill Mullen

Poor desperate Bill (" With the barrage of insults and accusations I receive from some on this forum, the space between jokes and insults is pretty blurred and I am sorry if I misread it. ") as per usuall is trying to turn around his very insulting post about me .
He says " With the barrage of insults he has received.
Well as per usual his memory conveniently does not remember he has given out more malicious insults him self then all the NACHI members together , He was the one who started throwing insults.
Its the old story if you can not stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
I am pleased to see he has the ability to use the word sorry.
I do not ever remember him saying that before.
As you notice he has given us some information well we have begged and pleaded for information and now when he see 70% of the NACHI members could care less about his National Certification he is going into high gear on trying to con more NACHI members to spend their money as it is obvious he is not having much success getting enough Non NACHI members involved.
He should be asking forgiveness to all those he conned into going to Whistler and spending a lot of money for nothing (http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935 ).
He should be apologizing to all the NACHI members who he told about his many anouncements that he never made like this one
(http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103 ).
He is so good at calling others liar but sure lacks the ability to apologize .
Why is he only now giving information like above
( “If I remember correctly, (and I could be out a few here and there) it’s broken into three categories, with each having a maximum number of points available”)
when many have asked so often for it ,he is now proving how desperate he is to get more HIs involved.
… Cookie

Gee Bill that sounds just like you The same fellow makes all the decisions and is the prime contact for both entities ( NCA & CANUK LIST)
Bill You are showing your jealiousy,the big difference is
(NICK is successfull and every body here loves him here).
To bad it does not work for you.
.…Cookie…the SAD BITTER OLD MAN; :mrgreen: … NACHI is still the best

Poor desperate Bill (" With the barrage of insults and accusations I receive from some on this forum, the space between jokes and insults is pretty blurred and I am sorry if I misread it. ") as per usuall is trying to turn around his very insulting post about me .
He says " With the barrage of insults he has received.
Well as per usual his memory conveniently does not remember he has given out more malicious insults him self then all the NACHI members together , He was the one who started throwing insults.
Its the old story if you can not stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
I am pleased to see he has the ability to use the word sorry.
I do not ever remember him saying that before.
As you notice he has given us some information well we have begged and pleaded for information and now when he see 70% of the NACHI members could care less about his National Certification he is going into high gear on trying to con more NACHI members to spend their money as it is obvious he is not having much success getting enough Non NACHI members involved.
He should be asking forgiveness to all those he conned into going to Whistler and spending a lot of money for nothing (http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935 ).
He should be apologizing to all the NACHI members who he told about his many anouncements that he never made like this one
(http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=166560&postcount=103 ).
He is so good at calling others liar but sure lacks the ability to apologize .
Why is he only now giving information like above
( “If I remember correctly, (and I could be out a few here and there) it’s broken into three categories, with each having a maximum number of points available”)
when many have asked so often for it ,he is now proving how desperate he is to get more HIs involved.
… Cookie

Good response, Roy. (and predictable) As usual it shows that you are all class. :roll:

Your family must be proud. :frowning:

I’m going to print it out and tape it to my monitor so I can read it the next time I’m tempted to answer any questions. It should convince me of the futility in trying to be cooperative in the future. Thank heavens there are lots of good NACHI members that can prevent you from dragging the organization into your own personal sewer.

Bill Mullen

Bill Mullen

Thanks Bill you have just again prov-en what a lame duck director you are .
You just can not face up to the truth that you sure lack any smarts and do not know how to act like a person who is trying to get people to support your NCA.
From the get go you have insulted NACHI and its members . Dec 31 2005 You offer a olive Branch and said you would no longer insult NACHI and its members .
Well at least you waited till the next year Jan 1st 2006 you where at it again .
You just show that once a con man always a con man.
I must give you credit you do not discriminate you have had a go at all NACHI members at different times who did not agree with you .
and you call me (" SAD BITTER OLD MAN;")
Your malicious attitude keeps showing up…
… Cookie
</IMG></IMG>

"I am sorry if I misread it."

Appology accepted. Believe me Bill, if I choose to “mock” you, you’ll know it. Apparently you missed the little “smiley face”.

Thank you Roy for NOT taking offence.

George being a Nachi member is never having to say your sorry! :wink: :mrgreen:

Raymond and George:

It might not hurt to accept an apology graciously without trying to get some more jabs in and continuing the mockery. That really shows a lot of class. :frowning:
I’m glad that is not indicative of the quality of most people in NACHI.

Bill Mullen
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Again Bill, I don’t know where you read it in my reply but “I have not yet begun to mock!” (John Paul Jones?)

Now back to your reply to my question. If you do not have the answers as to how points are allocated, where can we find that information?

Find it yourself. If you don’t want to treat me with respect don’t expect any response from me. Besides, it seems I gave you a lot of information that you fail to appreciate.

Bill Mullen

Bill

I love you! I am sorry. Just because I am a Nachi member doesn’t mean I don’t have a heart.

(" Find it yourself. ") This is so unfortunate to see this on the NACHI site where most NACHI members help all.
When a person askes for assistance, most gladly, give the infomation or direct the person to the place where it is.
Example when you George, asked about how the green squares worked, and it was explained to you ,
Thats the NACHI way.
That why there are so many sites on the bottom of my post to make it easy to get NACHI INFO.

We can only hope this attitude does not rub of on others.

… Cookie

"Find it yourself. If you don’t want to treat me with respect don’t expect any response from me. Besides, it seems I gave you a lot of information that you fail to appreciat"

You’re a real piece of work Bill. You asked for respectful questions and that is what I gave you. When you couldn’t answer the question you decided to have yet another tantrum. Do you know how distasteful it is to see a grown man having a tantrum?

If this is your idea of “answering questions” and “supplying information” you are mistaken. Please, if you have a reply, leave your invective and insult at home in the sand box.

Claude, in the absence of “Mr. Potty Mouth” and in your capacity as head poo-bah would you care to answer my question? It was a genuine request for information and is still on the table.

George:

If you had read message # 422 instead of insulting and mocking me, you would have seen that the question has been answered. Somehow you guys feel that if you keep asking the same question many times you’ll get different answers. Here is my answer once again.

I will answer your question. Until the end of this year, you need 750 ‘points’ which are assigned for many things including courses, seminars, experience, etc. I don’t have the individual breakdown handy since I don’t participate in that part of the program. I have seen it and it is quite comprehensive. The National Certification Council works with the formula which was devised by the indpeendent professional consultants, based on similar models in use in other industries. On Jan 1, 2008 the level goes to 850.

If I remember correctly, (and I could be out a few here and there) it’s broken into three categories, with each having a maximum number of points available.

1. Background: 50 points for each recognized degree, diploma, designation etc. up to 250 points. You can also get 25 to 50 points for being a building contractor or other recognized trade (with proof) There are others too but I can’t remember them all.
  2. Inspections done: One point per full inspection to a maximum of 500
  3. Education: 2 to 3 points per course hour and 4 points for each hour of field training. (mentoring) This also has a maximum of 500 points.

So you see, any combination can get you 750 points. On the surface it looks like you could get the maximum for 1 & 3 and get certified without any inspections. Not so. You have to have at least 150 inspections to qualify and you must have been inspecting for at least one year. After all this you have the pesky but necessary TIPR.

Mr. Potty Mouth

Bill

I think it would behoove you to publish the documents where you are drawing this info from. That appears to be the major problem, its all talk but no documents to support what is being said, even though the documents exist.

Well “Potty”, you are so involved in trying to insult that you still haven’t read my last question to you. So, before the year ends “Where can we obtain informaiton about how the points are allocated?” If you can tear yourself away from your can of bile long enough to answer this question I imagine that there are many potential applicants who would want to know where they stand before investing a lot of money in this “pig in a poke”.

"I don’t have the individual breakdown handy since I don’t participate in that part of the program."

Just to remind you that you said you didn’t have the actual information and that is why I asked the above.