Mike Rowan helps NACHI members generate more inspections.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I understand your take, but I was told that Mike Rowan was going forth. I can’t beleive you are not in “the Know.” Was told that is also why the boycott was ended so quickly. I guess only time will tell. icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: jbushart

bkelly1 wrote:
I have heard there will be an apology or else. They gave the impression that I.D has deep pockets, and were fixing to show them off. (hence-private conversations)

There has not been nor will there be an apology.

A contracted employee of Inspection Depot committed himself to harm our Florida members and claimed he had the support of Mike Rowan and Inspection Depot. It turned out he was lying, according to Rowan.

If Hooper needs to apologize to his boss, that's his business. I could care less. I think that the message sent to all of our vendors - that we have members who will oppose the use of any vendor who acts against our interests - is on the record. It will not be retracted and no apology will ever come from me or my chapter.

To the contrary, we stand ready to alert our membership at any time we find a vendor connected with any actions to harm the business of NACHI members. Providing their wares to our membership (their market) through our association is their privilege, not their right. If they abuse it or us, they should fly out the door with a giant NACHI footprint on their a$$, IMO.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

bkelly1 wrote:
I understand your take, but I was told that Mike Rowan was going forth. I can't beleive you are not in "the Know." Was told that is also why the boycott was ended so quickly. I guess only time will tell. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

You were lied to about the boycott and the reason I ended it so I can only assume the rest is a lie, as well.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

jbushart wrote:
bkelly1 wrote:
I have heard there will be an apology or else. They gave the impression that I.D has deep pockets, and were fixing to show them off. (hence-private conversations)

There has not been nor will there be an apology.

A contracted employee of Inspection Depot committed himself to harm our Florida members and claimed he had the support of Mike Rowan and Inspection Depot. It turned out he was lying, according to Rowan.

If Hooper needs to apologize to his boss, that's his business. I could care less. I think that the message sent to all of our vendors - that we have members who will oppose the use of any vendor who acts against our interests - is on the record. It will not be retracted and no apology will ever come from me or my chapter.

To the contrary, we stand ready to alert our membership at any time we find a vendor connected with any actions to harm the business of NACHI members. Providing their wares to our membership (their market) through our association is their privilege, not their right. If they abuse it or us, they should fly out the door with a giant NACHI footprint on their ***, IMO.

If I had the talent I would make a giant Nachi footprint, but I don't. Maybe someone else will. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I would like this “technology” presented for discussion right here, and right now.

Why has this announce ment spawned discussion over CMI? Are they tied together?

Is this "technology" as in an actual tool or process... or is it in the form of testing and certification?

Is it an invention? How has NACHI partnered in it? Are we funding it, and isf it is a patented process or device, will it be assigned in whole or in part to us?

Is the technology patented, or simply "patent pending", with no actual assignment by the USPTO?

Details, details...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We certainly can’t complain about that, can we? All they ask is that they be permitted to launch their new projects the way they they deem best… at the NACHI Convention. This is a reasonable request that we will honor.

Many vendors of other major industries wait until the industry's annual Expo to roll out a new product. And now that NACHI is for all intents and purposes... The Inspection Industry's Association... I suspect that a few other vendors will be rolling out their latest and greatest at NACHI's Convention. Actually... I know it.

The NACHI Convention will truly be The Inspection Event of the Century: http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Nick,

The difference here is that you announced that NACHI has PARTNERD in the development of this technology. There is the major difference.

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

I agree with you on this one Joe. I am too liberal in my use of the word “partnered” as I use it when we merely agreed to help someone with something.

Point noted.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

sense.

Sorry I even tried to follow it.

Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: tallen

James Bushart says,

jbushart wrote:
jhagarty wrote:
However, an Apology to Mr. Rowan should be forthcoming.

If you have the occasion to speak with him, please tell Mr. Rowan I said he should hold his breath...and keep holding it...until he gets my apology. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) Joe Burkeson will have a valid Electrical Contract License, Jeff Hooper will be the guest of honor at a Central Missouri NACHI Chapter event, and Nick Gromicko will be appointed to the NAHI Board of Directors before Mike Rowan hears an apology from me on this attack made against me by his contracted employee.

I am encouraged, and I hope others are as well, to know that no vendor can hold anything over NACHI. It's the other way around. Mr. Rowan knows, today, that his business is accountable to our members for the actions taken by his contracted employees. I don't think we will be hearing or seeing nearly as much of Hooper as in the past.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Thought I would never see the day when Todd agreed with Jim.

Thanks for your insight Todd.

John,

As you know, I have a tendency to shy away from controversy. This position, however, has had the most mixed reaction than any comment I have made, to date. It really surprises me.

Most of those contacting me support the concept that we, as members, should not provide any financial support to a vendor who acts (or support those who act) to harm NACHI members. To the majority, it is really a "no-brainer".

On the other hand, I have one member who has filed an ethics charge against me for saying bad things about Mike Rowan claiming that it harms the membership. I won't name him (I understand that extremely short people who relocate from New Jersey to Florida disdain such attention), but he claims to represent many others.

I have a former NACHI president who questions that such a position is not a "professinal representation of the organization".

Some have actually suggested that I owe Mike Rowan an apology for requiring that he go on the record regarding his support, or lack thereof, for people who are committed to "rid Florida of NACHI".

This has been interesting.

--

www.monachi.org

Don’t apologize.

The defense "I have no control over what my adult employees say, even if they publicly vow to destroy you on YOUR message board" is an argument we can certainly adopt when defending our rights to say what we want on OUR OWN message board.

You don't see me on other message boards for good reason. I am a firm believer in message board sovereignty.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

That’s an excellent observation, Nick.

As for the title you have given this thread, I support it. While there are members who have benefited from the products that Mike Rowan sells or otherwise provides, I am certain that even you will readily acknowledge that it does not entitle him to anything more than our appreciation, up to this point.

His activities from this point forward will determine to what degree of continued appreciation and support should be forthcoming from the membership. We are loyal to vendors who are loyal to us.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

jbushart wrote:

....I have one member who has filed an ethics charge against me for saying bad things about Mike Rowan claiming that it harms the membership. I won't name him (I understand that extremely short people who relocate from New Jersey to Florida disdain such attention), but he claims to represent many others.

James:

Has the Ethics Committee formulated a response to the Ethics Complaint that you are publicly referencing?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

jhagarty wrote:
jbushart wrote:

....I have one member who has filed an ethics charge against me for saying bad things about Mike Rowan claiming that it harms the membership. I won't name him (I understand that extremely short people who relocate from New Jersey to Florida disdain such attention), but he claims to represent many others.

James:

Has the Ethics Committee formulated a response to the Ethics Complaint that you are publicly referencing?

I have not discussed it with them. I have no idea. The complainer sent me a copy, which is how I know it was filed.

I'm surprised you did not get one. He sent one to Hooper and Rowan and all the other people he wanted to impress with this act.

If the committee decides to entertain the complaint and I am informed of any outcome, I will be happy to share it with you.

--

www.monachi.org

James:

Is it proper for Members of the Ethics Committee to openly discuss concerns that have been forwarded to the Committee prior to investigation or formulation of concensus?

--
Joseph Hagarty

It is not correct for the members of the committee who are involved in reviewing it, of which I am not. You will need to find another mole hill to make a mountain of, Joe.

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:

It is not correct for the members of the committee who are involved in reviewing it....

--
Joseph Hagarty

jhagarty wrote:
jbushart wrote:

It is not correct for the members of the committee who are involved in reviewing it....

...and your point, if you have one, is....?

--

www.monachi.org