NACHI gets 5.3 million hits in January, breaking all records

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Several years ago we set a goal of getting 100,000 hits per year. We now reach that goal about every 15 hours.


NACHI had 5.3 million hits in January.

http://www.nachi.org/stats.htm

Nick


Originally Posted By: jpeck
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Excellent!



Jerry Peck


South Florida

Originally Posted By: kwilliams
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Nick, Hooey moley





Originally Posted By: cmccann
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Hits are somewhat misleading aren’t they? Hits occur because you have the same graphics on every page creating more hits. So every time someone goes to a page and you have the same ten graphics on each page then that’s 20 hits. I think. What is the actual visit number? What is the actual unique visitor number? Those should be the real numbers to look for. That is a lot of hits though. Maybe Chris could give us those numbers via the web hosting company. Maybe he could explain hits better then me also.



NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



KBytes, visits, pages loaded, and files are also shown including daily and monthly averages if you scroll down on the following link:


http://www.nachi.org/stats.htm

January hit statistics show a 54% increase in website hits from December. This, coupled with a 39% increase in visits shows that many more people are visiting and they're also staying longer.


Nick


Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Chuck,


You're correct in saying that hits are misleading. For some reason people generally measure things in hits, even though there are better systems out there. What's important to see is that we had about 57,000 visits last month. That means that 57,000 people visited nachi.org last month (approx 1 new person every 2 minutes, if my math's correct (of which there's no guarantee)). The larger increase in hits shows that those who did visit stayed longer than the month before.

Does that clarify things?


--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://mmGAh7VeHtFBliENFngJfY8Fgdn.html)

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



57,000 people!! wow. Looks like we have a large quantity of average Joe homeowners coming to the site.


What ever happened to the idea of providing a port for homeowners, real estate folks and a third for inspections off of the main page? This may be a good idea.

It will help with the stats to see how many homeowners are coming here and give them some homeowner information to look at.

resurrection is a wonderful thing


--


Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Because NACHI has never promoted nachi.org as a portal for homeowners or real estate professionals, I would make a guess that those figures are almost 85% inspectors. The other 15% are quickly nudged towards FindAnInspector.US. Though when we re-design nachi.org we may have a section for agents and consumers, these aren’t issues that should be high on the agenda.



Chris Morrell


Director of Information Technology


http://www.nachi.org/


![](upload://mmGAh7VeHtFBliENFngJfY8Fgdn.html)

Originally Posted By: jremas
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Thanks Chris, long time no talk. Hope everything is well.






Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: cnordby
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



hot damn! Looks like NACHI is rockin and a rollin! Way to go!!!



SafeHOME


Seattle, WA.


www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com

Originally Posted By: cmccann
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Thanks Chris and Nick


Hits are really no way to measure the web site. Unique visitors and maybe pages viewed and or time is the best way to measure. The visits seem to be picking up steam. Is there numbers on findaninspector.us unique visitors? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)


--
NACHI MAB!