Nice outlet and switch location...Not!

Yep! Another one of those …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As long as it is not over the footprint of the shower.it.meets.code.

1 Like

Yup, if the edge of the pan is beyond the edge of the receptacle it’s NEC compliant.

Only acceptable if the light switches are also connected to gfi though…

Where is that in the NEC?

I guess you are right, I don’t see a requirement for it. The lighting fixture manufacturer may require it if the fan or light is inside the shower area.
However I would always recommend it on the report. I wouldn’t want to touch a light switch with wet hands while standing in a pool of water.

Robert is correct. As long as it is not in the vertical plane of the tub or shower base it is allowed. Maybe not the best location, however.

Why are.people.afraid to touch a non-conductive surface with wet hands?

1 Like

If all you are going on is code, I guess you would not need to call this out as a possible hazard. However if you are a Home Inspector you should realize by now, Codes are those things written to play catch-up with Stupid.

3 Likes

True, the codes can be retroactive, but apparently they still are not seeing a hazard after all these years.

Because they have brains??? And they know dripping water and openings into a faulty switch can zap them???

I guess the experts never considered that.

I guess the experts never considered that.

I guess the experts have never been personally zapped by a malfunctioning bathroom switch:face_with_monocle: Interesting, no lightning emoji, must be a hate symbol:clown_face::earth_africa:

They are obviously designed to shed the majority of the water, but there just MIGHT be a reason the experts have designated them for interior (dry) use only.

And the adjacent GFCI makes it all good, no worries, they never malfunction!

“I guess the experts never considered t that.t.”
Yes, it can be difficult not to stutter on the internet.

Sometimes common sense has to take over where the code stops.

1 Like

I believe that those screws are metal…:wink:

Tub%2520switch

NEW in the 2020 NEC: receptacles are required to be installed at least 3 ft from the tub rim or shower threshold, except in very small bathrooms.

Do you have a code reference?