No Paint for 15 Years

Nearly a 2 million dollar beautiful custom home and the owner has literally done NOTHING in 15 years. No gutter cleaning, no roof cleaning, no paint… nothing! Mindboggling that someone can have such a nice house and treat it like crap. Major water penetration past the siding. I can only imagine what’s going in all the other places that I can’t see!

IMG_0454
IMG_0474
IMG_0495
IMG_0543
IMG_0517

3 Likes

It’s a shame. Many people that can afford a home like, can be extremely un-attentive and overly frugal with their money.

Amazing how people dont knkw or dont care.

Must be spending most of their time surfing

1 Like

LOL… this one was in Oregon. I get back here a week a month or so. Just long enough to look around and remember why I left :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oregon vs. Muai…Hmmm… :thinking: Give me a minute to pack…

1 Like

The only time their filter gets changed is when the AC or furnace stops working because the filter looks like a coyote skin.

1 Like

That’s what people with money do. Nothing. When it breaks down they have someone fix it or sell the place and expect top dollar.

5 Likes

Should have used lead paint :slight_smile:
(once inspected a building last painted… we’re pretty sure… 1946… the paint was awesome).

1 Like

Or they are “house poor”, and never should have spent that much money on a home.

1 Like

We see a fair number of houses like that in the DC suburbs. Some are older folks who can’t manage the house anymore. Some are absent owners who don’t live there. And some are just people with too much money to waste who don’t care.

1 Like

Very well understood. Selling my parents second home. Both are in their 90’s and haven’t been able to enjoy for almost 3 years now. Selling and pricing it knowing it needs paint and new decking and railing on the deck. Not a million dollar home, but half of it.

2 Likes

Another example of an over valued house.