Order your NACHI Voltage Ticker now!

http://www.nachi.org/ticker.htm

“There is no ON/OFF switch on The “OFFICIAL” NACHI Voltage Ticker. Switches can wear out over time or even malfunction. Because the NACHI® Voltage Ticker has no switch it is always ready to use and has simple AAA replaceable batteries.”

Does it shut off automatically or just run until the battery dies?

Good question Larry . . . would be nice to have a picture as well.

I’d imagine it only lights and beeps when it senses voltage.

A PIC is forthcoming, it has “NACHI” printed on it.

Good deal!

It shuts off itself…always waiting to be ready when it senses AC Voltage. I have one myself and have not replaced the batteries in it for nearly 3 years now and still keeps on ticking.

No one should leave home without it!

I bought my first voltage ticker from Granger when I was hanging out between classes in college. My HVAC partner, who called me the gadget guru said “hey let me try that newfangled gadget of yours”, when we were working on a school HVAC unit under the supervision of the school maintenance director (who was also the county electrical AHJ).

My partner said "hey, why won’t this light shut off " !?!??

The 460 VAC three-phase disconnect had one leg jumped past the disconnect (so it didn’t have to be replaced)!!!

If he didn’t try my gadget, it probably would be the last thing he ever did!
I have given away dozens of these things to people as gifts since then.

I simply forgot this guys…if you do not have a FAX you can e-mail order forms as well to Ticker@theelectricalguru.com as well.

Paul,

Is it anything like this?
Greenlee GT-15 http://www.all-spec.com/images/gt15.gif

Nope…I dont like the Greenlee ones…they go off on static and have a on/off switch that can be left on to wear out the battery. My helper had one of those until he switched to the one I have now.

But as far as the principle of how they function…most certainly like those.

The best feature of the “NACHI” ticker is this…it has a range from 50V to 100V…static electricity, induction voltage and so on will not cause the audio to go off…the light may light but no sound…this is exclusive.

This keeps you from calling out mistakes that are a product of induction or static…and to truly know if the circuit or items is LIVE and truly has AC Voltage on the system.

Hi Nick,
Although it sounds good most people would like to have a photo so that they can visualize what they are about to buy.
{Does that sound like a basic marketing technique?}

So… How about a photo?:smiley:

PS:
congratulations on your Toronto convention, I hear nothing but terrific reviews about it.
Keep up the good work!\:D/

As nick stated we are still waiting on the photo…figured it is not a one night thing…meaning it will be around for a while and photo’s are coming as they are being made as we speak.

Nothing wrong with releasing the information before pictures…I am sure the picture will be simply of a unit with the NACHI name on it…nothing more and nothing less but I do expect it very soon…like within days or sooner.

The one made by “Fluke” is the best one on the market.

And how would you qualify that statement…I would be interested in knowing other than it is from Fluke?

Fluke - Choose a model to detect 20 - 90 Volts or 90 - 1000 Volts AC

• Model 1AC-A1-II, 90 to 1000 VAC
    *]Model 1LAC-A-II, 20 to 90 VAC
    Now…why would you carry two…since the Nachi version works from 50V -1000V AC and anything below that is probably static…and the NACHI version will only audio when it is truly AC voltage…will the fluke…NOT…:slight_smile:

You’d think an organization of home inspectors might have a digital camera so they could take a picture of a tool. You’d think…

You would think that except they have not finished production as of yet…the unit is on the market and sold by the millions…we are only getting the NACHI name put on some…

Besides all inspectors should know what a freakin voltage sensor is by now…if you would like a picture of one without the NACHI logo…no problem…it is attached.

Man you guys sure know how to bust a mans balls over a freakin 20 dollar item…but alas the intent was originally for safety…and considering everyone kept asking me about them I figured heck lets make it easy for members and get the NACHI logo on it to boot…

Besides…as I say in my seminars…I dont care which you buy…as long as you have one and be safe.

Ultimate_AC_Sensor.jpg

I qualify my statement by saying I’ve tried others like Greenlee’s and other no name brands and I find Fluke to be superior. I do own two Fluke’s but I no longer have need of the one for lower voltages. I use to have a fluke that did sound an alarm. Maybe they don’t make that model anymore. I’m prone to loosing things. Every one does need one though. It is just my opinion Fluke is better as is often the case here opinions vary as well as your mileage.:slight_smile:

lol…well if you are prone to loosing things…check this out the fluke is $ 29.00 and up and has less features and a switch that can break versus the NACHI Ticker…now I will say this…all OSHA officials use the ones made by the company ours is made by…and I have used them all and have the one we are promoting myself…in my BAG…and has been running strong for 3 years…before that I had a Greenlee but the cap end broke with the spin switch on it…

But in the end…look they all do the same thing really…save lives and detect voltage so it’s all good…I was just trying to resource them for the members …but to all members…but any model you wish but BUY one and learn how to use it…

Posting… to subscribe to this thread.

I’m always interested in electrical toys, but squeamish if this thing is big as a shoe box. :wink: I need a photo.

tom

Don’t worry Thomas they’re pen size in length and dime size in diameter.

Hey Paul, I would hate to think how many tools I’ve left behind in attics. I think my current tester is #6. I know they all work on basically the same technology but my personal tests were how sensitive they were. When I was a tech I used it for troubleshooting switches and relays and on occasion checking to see if a certain section of wire was powered or not powered. Now I mainly use it to see if K&T or a certain section of romex etc. is active or inactive. I think that Fluke is more sensitive sensing through insulation. I can tell what side of a wire is the hot or neutral through the outer insulation easily. Not all I’ve tried will do that. I just like Fluke in general. I’ve used Fluke meters for almost my entire working life. I have other meter brands but I always wind using my fluke as my primary meter.

value