Ozone Training

You are absolutely correct and I thank you for your response. The site is new and the content writer obviously embellished. I didn’t catch that line under the mold section. I’ll have those lines removed as it is contradictory to what I teach.

Good catch on that one Scott!

Thanks again Scott. The site has been changed.

I also own a crystal air ozone machine and my clients love it!

http://asaphi.ca/

Home Page
Want a better deal? How about $200 dollars for a home Inspection?! Other home inspectors will be upset with us.
Yes A.S.A.P. Home Inspections is at it again! We are offering our full service Home Inspections again for a promotional rate to introduce ourselves to all the agents and clients who have not yet met us or used us.
We will still give our best efforts and **still **include Infrared scan for free!
Ozone Deodorizing
Strongest and most effective deodorizer on the PLANET! In our opinion!

1. Ozone Generator Hazards - InterNACHI](Redirect Notice)
    www.nachi.org/ozone-generator-hazards.htm

$200 for home inspection with IR??? Oh, boy, the guy probably has a well paid full time job and doing this as a “hobby” on a weekend. Disgusting!!! He is a live proof to the saying “You got what you paid for”. But I will not be surprised if he will get busy cause Joe Public loves cheap deals from “full service home inspectors”. Thanks Roy.

Among the Professionals of a very large group of IAQ Investigators **NO [size=3]TO Ozone **[/size]is supported.
Also $200.00 is an insult to this Profession!

Can you explain why no? A lot of inspectors come on the site and condemn ozone, but when asked why they have no idea. When used properly ozone is perfectly safe.

Roy. There are hundreds of articles from the International Ozone Association that show the benefits of ozone. Why did you choose to post the one article by Nick that was based on 1 study done many years ago?

I don’t speak for all the rest and I have had this debate before. Ozone has never been proven to be safe. Simple fact is it will kill plants and animals in a home and causes airway constriction on people who are asthmatic. It does not even have a high kill rate for mold and is being used as a means to market more work in Home Inspection.
Nuff said.

Quite simply, no trained professional would ever leave people, pets or plants in a structure being treated and we do not market it as means to kill mold. Your arguement is based on ignorance. And that’s the real danger.

If you think so! I don’t feel anybody that can put these things in any home and walk away is a Professional.

Again. Based on what data? What experience do you have? Have you ever actually seen an ozone generator or are you just making stuff up as you go along?

Looks to me like International Ozone Association just might be biased .

Here are a few more Government reports who say stay away dangerious to use them in the home .

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/cons/ozone-eng.php
http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/factsheets/environmental/ozone_generators.html

Get the data correct Roy.
These devices that the government warns of are the Ionic Breeze type machines and others that are designed to stay on in an occupied area. They are hazarous and should not be used. Our course points out the dangers of those devices and we quote the governments data to our students. We use commercial machines and take all the necessary precautions.
If you read the government data, they are not concerned with professional companies.

"Health Canada’s warning does not apply to ozone generators intended for use in unoccupied spaces by trained individuals who are following appropriate occupational health and safety requirements."

Please show me some government data that says we should have these generators in our home .

An ozone generator is a machine that:

• plugs into the wall or runs on batteries, and
  • puts ozone into the air.

Ozone generators** are sold as home air cleaners. They may have an ozone detector built-in.
But beware! This kind of air cleaner puts a harmful gas called ozone into the air you breathe. Ozone can cause headaches, sore throats and coughs. Ozone can hurt your lungs.

The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) no longer approves ozone generators for use in homes.

Most of the ozone generators that are in homes were sold door-to-door across Canada. They were not sold in stores.
Safety Tips

• If you have an ozone generator in your home, stop using it.
  • An ozone generator made for business (or commercial) use should NOT be used in your home
  • If you want to know more about the quality of air in your home, please call the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) at 1-800-668-2642.
  • You can also call The Lung Association: in Ontario call 1-800-972-2636.
    Everywhere else in Canada call 1-888-566-5864.

For more information contact Product Safety, Health Canada.

Mike your fight is against many like I said.
I have about 50 some organizations on my linkedIn not just one small group but world wide.
I had a friend that died from exposure and countless clients sent to the hospital. You might think it is OK to use such a device in an empty home however what do you do after the Ozone machine is used.
What level do you allow everyone to move back in?
What criteria do you use to say the house is safe and everything is dead or the odor is gone.
Your site says deodorizer but does not mention any chemical change to do so.
News flash even if the mold is dead it must removed and if by chance you create a new chemical with your practice and someone has the equipment to catch the reaction say good by to your business.

No body is saying that Roy. You shouldn’t. Ozone shock is a short term treatment to rid an area of a smell. That’s it. You, your family, pets, plants etc. are all removed while the treatment is taking place. The structure is then aired out to below 0.05 ppm which is about the same level present in our outdoor air.

You’ve had a friend die from ozone? Really? Was he a welder by chance? Come on. You and a bunch of people on LinkedIn are by no means experts. Ozone is what keeps your drinking water safe for you to drink. Don’t believe me? Look at the ingredients on any bottle of water. Start doing more research on the subject before stating facts. And I don’t mean the stuff you read on Facebook. www.IO3A.org

Leaving behind an unknown chemical soup that can kill!!! .05 is safe, However what other tests do you do to really prove it is safe for owners to return? If it is just to remove odor than is it worth the risk when other ways prove to be safer?