PIC of Canadian Chapter President's new truck.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/brettbernier2005.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: rwand

Yeah the “Fully Insured” is a nice touch, perhaps a bulls-eye should be painted under the caption. Dumb, dumb, dumb. nachi_sarcasm.gif

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: rcooke

I agree with Raymond

I go to my Shoe store ,My doctor,or the library I never see a sign that says I am fully insured.

Ask your dentist if he has insurance and see what he says.

I would not be surprised if he asked you to go to another dentist.

We in Ontario have many inspectors who do not carry insurance because the insurance companies will not back up the inspector.

If the inspector gets a frivolous claim and he reports it to the insurance company advising them that it is false and to not pay it . the insurance company goes ahead and pays so many stupid claims that many have now refused to carry insurance .

Example a frivolous deck claim $3,500:00 .

The insurance settles .

The inspector has $2,500:00 deductible .

The insurance company raises his rate $1,500:00 for the next three years .

They pay out #1,000:00 and make $4,500:00 an extra profit of $3,500:00 over three years.

I know of no other profession that advertises the are fully insured.

Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

How about an association that requires its members to either carry insurance or disclose they are non-insured to their clients by disclaiming so in the contract. If you don’t have insurance or you are not willing to disclose such in your contract you are going to be drummed out. From the fat to the fire. nachi_sarcasm.gif

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

KUDOS to you Brett … eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Nice job!

It's great to see other inspectors promote OUR Association.

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

There is an argument to be made that in certain markets, the profits generated from the marketing advantage of touting that you are insured outweighs the extra liability suffered by alerting potential clients to something they could discover quickly anyway.

I'd say this argument is a strong one, especially in B.C. where hardly anyone ever sues anyone.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Hi Nick

Quote:
I'd say this argument is a strong one, especially in B.C. where hardly anyone ever sues anyone.

Judging by the case law I have read I would respectfully disagree with the statement.

The fact remains the insurers will settle more often then not. ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

Regards,
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

gromicko wrote:
There is an argument to be made that in certain markets, the profits generated from the marketing advantage of touting that you are insured outweighs the extra liability suffered by alerting potential clients to something they could discover quickly anyway.

Sorry For once I have to disagree with NICK .
There is defiantly no advantage to advertising insurance in Canada.
Then we have those who advertise they have insurance and do not have insurance.
The Insurance Companies in Ontario have in no way given support to the inspectors .
I know of many frivolous claims that have been settled .
One the inspector did the inspection and recommended that they remove the abandon tank.
The home owner and some buddies three weeks latter dropped the tank
spilling oil and the Inspectors Insurance settled part of the claim .
They said it was easier to settle then fight .
I guess it is easier for the insurance to settle when they pay out nothing the Inspector paid the whole shot
and had his rates go up for three years .
This is real WIN WIN for the insurance companies .

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Oh, let me clarify. My statement above is not an argument for or against insurance… it is an argument for touting insurance IF you carry it.

In other words IF you carry insurance (and I'm not saying you should)... the only way you can offset the cost of the premium is by exploiting it to gain a marketing advantage.

My argument above is based on the belief that IF you carry insurance, the profits generated from the marketing advantage of touting that you are insured outweighs the extra liability suffered by alerting potential clients to something they could discover quickly anyway.

Quietly carrying insurance makes no sense to me.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

gromicko wrote:
Oh, let me clarify. My statement above is not an argument for or against insurance... it is an argument for touting insurance IF you carry it.

In other words IF you carry insurance (and I'm not saying you should)... the only way you can offset the cost of the premium is by exploiting it to gain a marketing advantage.

My argument above is based on the belief that IF you carry insurance, the profits generated from the marketing advantage of touting that you are insured outweighs the extra liability suffered by alerting potential clients to something they could discover quickly anyway.

Quietly carrying insurance makes no sense to me.

Sorry I think it is still pick me I have insurance Sue me My insurance that I do not have coverage for will pay you and I will still pay.
I recommend all those who advertise insurance should also put a Big target on their back.
That's the way it has been in Ontario .
Now most insurance companies have put in so many disclaimers that those who feel they have insurance
just might be surprised to find they do not have the coverage they expect.

Claims free since 1999 and cost for my first policy about $1,000:00.
With $1,000:00 deductible.

Cost now over $5,000:00 with a $5,000:00 deductible ( And many disclaimers ) of no coverage.

Write Hard talk soft ,Miss nothing . Works for me.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

Hi Nick

Quote:

Well I haven't heard that arguement before. Can you point to any statiscal proof? Announcing insurance is a big mistake. This is a big sore point for many in the Canadian Associations. The same arguement has persisted for years. There is definitely two camps those for marketing and those for not marketing. Can you tell which camp Roy and I are in? :lol: :lol:

This is why at least one association is trying to get out of E&O and go with self insurance.

Regards,
Raymond Wand
Alto, ON

--

NACHI Member