Plumbing Device unknown

(J Michael J. Sedillo) #1

Can anybody explain the purpose of this apparent valve control under the master bathroom vanity sink?

(Charles Boldin) #2

it regulates max water temp at the sink where installed - google it!

(Jeffrey R. Jonas) #3

The website is on the tag.

(Stephen W. Stanczyk, WA License #221) #4

Not necessarily. Many times it is installed under the bathroom vanity for a shower.

(David Asselin) #5

Here it is:

(Marcel Gratton, CMI) #6

or tub.

(Chuck Evans, CMI TREC 7657) #7

It’s an ASSE 1070 compliant temperature limiting device which is now required (as of IRC2012) for a two handled tub faucet. Single handle faucets have inherent anti-scald capability so the external device is only required for two handled tub faucets.

(John Cornul) #8

Maybe you should have visited the website that’s on the paper tag? Huh?

(Jeffrey R. Jonas) #9

Oh, come on now!!! :razz:

(Dan Bova, Mr) #10

I know this is an old post, but in Ontario, these are referred to as point-of-use thermostatic mixing valves. They regulate the water temperature for one or two fixtures only. They are most often used when a whole-house mixing valve is not desired (usually for sanitation (laundry and dishwashing) requirements.

(Jeffrey R. Jonas) #11

Welcome Dan.

Note: by MB standards, this thread is still considered active/current. Many members only visit once a month, some even once a year. Now, if you dragged this out of the depths of the archives… well… we’ll let you know how we feel about that! :twisted: