Question of the Week 02/14/16

All parts of the question must be answered in one post.
Editing your post will not be allowed.

First correct answer (as judged by the Award committee or Poster of the Question) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file.
Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Question of the Week:

In verandah floors outward slope is;
A. 1 in 40
B. 1 in 50
C. 1 in 60
D. 1 in 70
E. 1 in 100

C = 60

I believe it is C 1 in 60.

You guys know you had to Google that answer. :stuck_out_tongue: :mrgreen:

You mean they don’t have the Encyclopedia Britannica anymore?:wink:

The Winner is David Asselin.

David, you may request your books at fastreply@nachi.org

Congrats.

Ha Ha. I have it on my computer, though I can’t remember the last time I looked at it.

This was a good question Marcel

I would like to note that Paul Lesieur PM me one minute before the today’s winner with the right answer, and chose to allow someone else to win.

Paul, that was a nice gesture and Thank You for sharing the prize.

Thanks to my Audel’s 1920"s era carpentry books.

Veranda, been a long time since I heard that. My parents are Canadian born and my mother called the porch a veranda.

Paul, I had a set of those books in the late 60’s, don’t know what happened to them. They helped me join the Carpenters Union in Florida in 1970.
Very good books. :slight_smile:

I found a set at a garage sale 10 or so years ago, the old ones where the tools are all hand type. Snapped up the set for 5 or 6 bucks.
The carpentry trade goes back thousands of years, that’s something isn’t it?

Congratulations David :smiley:

What Carpenters Union in Florida? I didn’t know they had those down here, unless it was government work.

Orlando Local. I lived in St. Cloud with my Brother and worked on a new Tupperware Office building built on the Orange Blossom Trail from Kissimmee to Orlando.
Went back to Maine that year when I was drafted to go in the army. Too hot for me anyways. :wink: