Questions of the week 11/20/16

Questions of the week 11/20/16

Introduction and requirements:

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Winnings will be limited to no more than 6 times in a given year, the objective is to allow as many Members a chance to win as possible.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers will forfeit the weekly winnings.

So please refrain from participating if you have already won in the maximum for the Year.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

The questions:

1. Non-metallic boxes without integral cable clamps are permitted with Type NM (i.e., Romex) cable. The required interval from the box for the staple is?

a. 6"
b. 8"
c.10"
d. 12"

1. Because strength of the masthead is critical, there should not be a _______ between the point at which the raceway emerges from the roof and the point of attachment.

a. Cable clamp
b. Spark shield
c. Coupling
d. All of the above

1. Electrical bonding is done to allow

a. Current to discharge safely
b. Make it easy to wire circuits
c. Allow breakers to trip
d. All of the above

1. The ground is a source for unwanted currents and as a return path for main current.

True or false

Good luck inspectors!

1. D
  2. C
  3. A
  4. False

B
D
A
True

A
c
a
f

D
c
d
false

d,c,c,true

B,
C,
A,
False

d, c, a, F

B
c
d
t

I know, I know…:stuck_out_tongue: LOL

Good questions.

b
c
c
true

Congratulations Les, you are correct!**
All questions came from master electrician Mike Holt and the NEC pages.**

QOTW November 20

1. Non-metallic boxes without integral cable clamps are permitted with Type NM (i.e., Romex) cable. The required interval is?

a. 6"
b. 8" / B
c.10"
d. 12"

1. Because strength of the masthead is critical, there should not be a ¬¬¬¬¬¬_______ between the point at which the raceway emerges from the roof and the point of attachment.

a. Cable clamp
b. Spark shield
c. Coupling / C
d. All of the above

1. Electrical bonding is done to allow

a. Current to discharge safely
b. Make it easy to wire circuits
c. Allow breakers to trip / C
d. All of the above

1. The ground is a source for unwanted currents and as a return path for main current.
    True or false / T

Good job Les and thanks again Paul for taking the time to challenge us, it is always a great learning experience.

Congrats Les!

Congratulations Les.
Well done. :slight_smile:

Congratulations, Les!..where les is more. :cool: