Random Photos - What have you shot lately (non-inspection)

4 Likes

Seen this on a pick I did today. I am not sure what it would have been used for. Anybody know?

1 Like

My first thought is it is used for drying a small animal hide. Just a guess.

6 Likes

We were thinking possibly along those lines. There were other “skinning and hide making” tools and things like that at this place.

1 Like

Possibly a smaller kettle or pot hanger for open fires. The semi closed loop on the right side and bottom stringer has me scratching my head thou. @sbridges2 may be closer than my guess…

3 Likes

Maybe stirrup?

2 Likes

You can unhook that bottom bar, as you can see. But what’s weird is that it isn’t like holding the thing closed, if you will. In other words, when you unhook the bottom piece, the main part doesn’t really open up a bunch or anything.

Good guess for not really knowing the scale. But this was pretty large. Probably 18-20" tall overall.

1 Like

First thing that came to my mind, was to restrain an animal like a cow or something.

2 Likes

There was another one, and it had a fairly large 4’ or so chain attached to it. You might be on to something. :thinking:

Looks similar to this one. Maybe this one is missing it’s bottom portion, or just a bit different design. Pot hanger.

s-l500

9 Likes

I believe that is one of the original flux capacitors, not very effective and not often found anymore…

5 Likes

like I said…I have no clue partner…

3 Likes

Well, it does look very similar to that one.

1 Like

I think Jim is on to something.

8 Likes

Google image search keeps coming up with an “antique caldron hanger” similar to what @jfudge posted. For hanging pots over an open fire. Many different designs found but none with a bottom piece.

3 Likes

I may not agree with your pov on some other subjects that you post about but I sure do agree on how/where you live. Absolutely beautiful, Tom!

7 Likes

Here’s a few residents at my ranch near the border in Del Rio.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Well, Hurricane Fiona really did a number on PEI. After driving around, avoiding downed trees and power lines, and seeing property damages, etc…, we seen how lucky we were, compared to many others. We’re still running on generator power. The important thing is everyone stayed safe throughout. Here’s a few pics of our property damage. We have many other downed trees throughout our woods. Starlink is still running strong! :slight_smile:

12 Likes