Rate structure examples

Originally Posted By: David Nice
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

If anyone is willing to share exampes of their rate structures I will give you my email if you send me a Private message. I’m looking to develop my own rate structure and would like some input from other inspectors.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

You might try shopping your competition to see what they are charging to get an idea. Prices vary greatly from area to area. Some charge by the square foot, some by the list price of the home, and I even know of one who charges by the number of bathrooms.

Good luck. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: dbowers

David -

Blaine is right. I charge by the sf of heated liveable area of the house
0-1500 sf = $
1501-2000 sf = $
2001-2500 sf = $
2501-3000 sf = $
ETC

One of my competitors goes by listing price
0 - $100,000 = $
$100,001 - $150,000 = $
$150,001 - $200,000 = $
$200,001 - $250,000 = $

One of the franchisees by me charges
$250 = His base rate (this includes any house up to 3,500 sf with
1 kitchen, 2 baths, 1 heat & A/C system, on a basement)

If the house has a crawlspace he charges $45 more; if it has more than 1 heat & A/C system he charges $35 p/system; if its over 50 years old he charges $25 more; if it has more than 2 baths he charges $25 more per extra baths; if its over 3,500 sf he charges $25 more per 1,000 sf.

Then I've got another local HI that charges $229 for ANY SIZE HOUSE.

Check in your own area to see what they're doing there not what we're doing where we're at.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: David Nice

Thanks Dan…that’s useful info. I do intend to check into my local going rates but it is helpful to see how some handle older homes, large homes and homes with more plumbing and A/C than a typical home.