Realtor skepticism

I have a realtor that refers me a lot for her buyers, but she tells her sellers that a pre-listing inspection is a waste of money because the buyer is going to get their own inspection. I have tried to show her how it can benefit the seller, but she will have no part of it.

IMO it seems to be a waste of marketing time/dollars to place consistent focus on trying to market these inspections. I see nothing wrong with doing email blasts, Facebook/
Google+ posts about it or listing it on your website, but its more of a public perception thing. Buyers have been having home inspections for a long time, and sellers have not. Me, I’m taking the money I could spend on these and buying IR and becoming certified to increase revenue, then it’s onto mold/air quality. There are other sources of immediate inspection income to tap into with some training and marketing other than this.

And some realtors tell the prospective buyers that a Home Inspection is a waste of money because it comes with a Home Warranty.

It’s probably best to market seller’s inspections directly to people with for sale signs in their yard.

For many realtors, it comes down to a legal duty to disclose. Things discovered in a seller’s inspection may need to be disclosed to ALL prospective buyers.

Many realtors believe that the seller should keep their mouths shut and allow the chips to fall where they may after the buyer’s inspection.

At the end of the day, defects found come down to repair or negotiation on the part of the seller, anyway. Realtors advise sellers to deal with this after they have a serious buyer.

I cannot say that this is poor advice. Remember, the seller’s agent has a duty to their client. Once the defect is discovered, depending on the severity, disclosure is no longer something that the realtror or seller can ignore.

Now, maybe some can blame the realtor, but I believe this is actually sound advice, DEPENDING ON WHO YOU ARE REPRESENTING. This is why seller’s inspections are fairly rare in my neck of the woods.

I partially agree with Nathan’s proposition and opinion. I caution those who listen to remember that customs are different when it comes to real estate transactions in different parts of the country. there is no automatic. Where Nathan talks about changing the mindset, this is a novel tact. It is a hard road, because the primary roadblock comes down to dosclosure. You cannot sweep this concept aside. it is real, and is significant in a relatively fragile market. Seller’s no longer rule the day. In fact, with so much inventory listed these days, the buyers can sometimes be unreasonable.

If you follow Nate’s advice that you need to start with a realtor to be successful, be mindful that if you push too hard with regard to a seller’s inspection, you may simply piss them off. As to getting exposure to the seller to try and put a bug inn their ears as to picking you for their own inspection, this is a great thought.

Prior to my association with Nachi, I approached a few agents about a “List it, Inspect it, sell it” program. Was not received in a favorable way. The biggest obstacle was who had to pay for the inspection. After reading about this program, I have rethought the whole process. Currently am putting a presentation together for a local realtor to present this program to. One major selling point I think will help is this can eliminate issues with double agency. If the house is inspected prior, all the cards are on the table. The agent is in a better position to sell a house that they listed by eliminating a goodly portion of the haggling at the end. My only obstacle is how long to stand behind the inspection if a house does not sell quickly.

I have done several vendors inspections and market a maintenance inspection under the same format in a sense.

At first I did not see the need Now I am quite convinced
Extra income means diversify.

The report is the vendors and is your copy writer.

Visit my site and see my marketing narrative.
Borrow it if you wish but tweak it to look like your own. OK

Look at my h1 tag and paragraph. 2: Thinking of or possibly Selling your Real Estate Property
Step up and clam your reward Your education and hard work will earn you a living…
Never listen to the nae sayers.
Right Nick!