Roofing issues. Please give feedback

Lets just call it insurance. Like kickout flashing at the endwall into a gutter. The bleeder acts as a directional and pushes water down the valley. In an open metal valley I use bleeders on both sides as well. The tar strip is continuous on the front edge and seals down to the surface. Another layer of protection.

2 Likes

Got it, your signature move :wink:

1 Like

I agree Scott. If it had been on the proper side, forgetting to cut it would likley not lead to a leak and would have been a simple fix. But now even if they do go back and cut it, it will still be prone to leaking.

Actually that’s what makes the forum so useful. Members learn a lot of good useful information when discussing best practices. Its good when someone offers a correction with facts straight from the manufacturer. We are all here to learn. The more of us who contribute and participate, the better. I hope you stick around for some more discussion of roofs and every other part of a home.

4 Likes

Here is some information on bleeder shingles on open valleys if anyone is interested.

10024108-Open-Valley-Technical-Bulletin-BW.pdf (1.3 MB)

3 Likes

Nah… Think I’ll PASS!

2022-06-03_114917

6 Likes

C’mon Jeffrey…we can clear the benches.

1 Like

No thank you.
The “FOS” flag goes up when someone posts crap like this, halfway into the conversation…

…which leaves me with ZERO interest in getting involved.

I’ll just sit back and watch from afar, shaking my head in disgust at the prima-donna attitude.

3 Likes

That flowline that y
you highlighted in yellow pretty tells the whole story.