So true it is of a generation past

5 Likes

those were the days…

2 Likes

So my wife’s brother-in-law likes to collect vintage “toys” and restore/refurbish for his grandchildren. Here is a 70/80s Speed Racer coin car.

9 Likes

That’s quite a hobby he has, Thomas!

He’s pretty darn good at it. Maybe I’ll try to get some pics of other things he’s done. More talented than me by a long shot.

sweet !..10 characters long…

4 Likes

That thing is awesome. I’d take a ride in it, lol.

2 Likes

Just a few of some other things he’s done.

4 Likes

That’s cool, are they functional?

Every thing works and functions as it did back in the day. The Speed Racer car still has its sound and voice calls for its promotion. Really cool.

1 Like

7 Likes

Mine was WI 66-777…

7 Likes

I remember billboards or local advertising with no area code in the phone number…because there was only one! Now GA has at least 9.

2 Likes

Remember Croquet?

8 Likes

I remember the hard wooden balls my brother threw at me. :wink:

Remember catching fire flies? (we called them lightening bugs)

4 Likes

body is too short but yes i remember

2 Likes

We call them lighting bugs too. I remember my sister would sqeeze off the light, then stick them to her fingernails to make them glow.

4 Likes
5 Likes

When I was a kid, we had a field behind our house. I would take my ball and bat and, starting at one end, I would hit the ball as far as I could then go and hit it again until I got to the other end. Then I’d turn around and come back. I did this a few times until I hit it just a little too hard and the ball went down the bank at the end of the field and went into the creek and I lost it. I grew up in VT and didn’t have any friends nearby.

5 Likes

I seem to have lost my marbles…

6 Likes