Support Gov Rick Perry

Join The Gov. Rick Perry Support Team Now

Done :slight_smile:

When Perry was forced to sign the bill that mandated E&O he stated he felt the legislation was “onerous” and wanted it changed. In the next legislative session he did nothing. He also allowed TREC Commisioners to remain beyond their terms because he did not appoint new ones.

Not sure I would oppose him . . . . . but why help him. His follow through is no better than KBH. Nice head of hair however.

Perry wasn’t the bad guy when it came to inspector E&O…the two instigators, Shapleigh and McCall are not running for re-election.

The alternative to Perry is the former Mayor of Houston. I’ll take Perry…
http://www.billwhitefortexas.com/

If he wants your support, have him support a repeal, first.

I suppose. I think i am too old and apathetic. Home inspectors are a grain of sand in the political scheme. NAR,TAR and TREC tell the Govenor what to do via lobby money. Just a fact of life.

While i may not have a political preference I think Kay Bailey Huchinsons hair competes well with Perrys hair.

Perry has made job creation a top priority of his administration. Texas has gained more than 630,000 new jobs over the last three years, and more Texans are working today than ever before. Our business climate has been ranked one of the nation’s best, and we are attracting the technology-based jobs of tomorrow’s economy with new job investments.

Throughout his term in office, Gov. Perry has proven himself to be a leader who does what he believes is right, regardless of what critics may say.

He refused to raise taxes when Texas faced a record $10 billion budget shortfall in 2003. Instead, he became the first governor since World War II to sign a budget that lowered state spending. As governor, Perry has used his line item veto to cut over $2.5 billion in proposed spending—six times more than the last four Texas governors combined.

He led the battle to pass the country’s most sweeping lawsuit reforms. Junk lawsuits against medical providers have dropped off dramatically, and patients have better access to healthcare because thousands of doctors have returned to practice.
And in 2005, Perry signed a historic $15.7 billion property tax cut for homeowners and businesses that also includes new taxpayer protections against appraisal increases.

http://rickperry.org/about

He was also seen on TV bragging that Texas wouldn’t take any stimulus money either. We all know how that worked out.
He could though be the first gay president. If he was a democrat he’d be out of the closet by now. At least the gays on that side of the aisle are up front about it.

Gov Perry’s Letter To The President Regarding Stimulus Money…
http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/perryobama.pdf

80% of the jobs created in the US, within the last year, have been created in Texas.

Gov. Perry believes in the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman, regarding it as the linchpin of the family unit and, thus, society as a whole. In 2003, as part of his ongoing effort to prevent aggressive attempts to redefine marriage, Gov. Perry signed Senate Bill 6, the Defense of Marriage Act, specifying that Texas does not legally recognize a same-sex marriage or civil union. Two years later, Gov. Perry supported strengthening the law with a constitutional amendment, the Texas Marriage Amendment, defining marriage as the “union of one man and one woman.” It was approved by Texas voters in November 2005.

http://governor.state.tx.us/priorities/families/stronger_families/defense_of_marriage_act/

And Elliot Spitzer was publicly VERY anti hooker…what’s your point? It will all come out in the wash wait and see. Texas is in fact a very great state but it was that way LONG before Perry made the scene.

What is interesting is it is a battle between two republicans in a democratic world. I actually like both Rick and Kay.

So what is the battle over? Kay wants to come home and retire as Gov so she thinks she can bump Perry out of the seat? It looks like a petty musical chairs struggle more than a policy struggle.

I think Kay should retire and let Rick continue to hold his position.

Well, now that Kinky :roll: is no longer running against them then that is exactly what will likely happen. I guess they still have Farouk Shami to worry about :mrgreen:.