The Consumer Pledge To Select A Home Inspector

Wow…

I second that…

Jim

Mr. Biggs,
Thank you for your permission, opinions, and insight. There are many more of us here (visible and silent) that appreciate your thoughts, than those that don’t.

I agree, to me Mr. Biggs represents the target well-informed consumer we should all be striving to satisfy with both our technical acumen, and trustworthy business practices. Believe me very soon you will not be able to stay in business very long without satisfying the expectations of consumers like Mr. Biggs.

Right On Joe…That is the pure and simple truth. Inspectors need not only keep up with the trends of performing a fantastic and thorough and informative inspection but also to stay on the front edge of Client Needs, wants and Expectations.

There will be no room for shenanigans in the future if we all want this profession to last and to prosper and grow the respect it deserves.
Jim

Jim

Whatever brought John Biggs to the message board, we can only guess — but we can and should reflect upon what he found.

He found a corrupted segment of the industry where, on our message board, a dishonest and unethical lead broker and a small handful of others attempt to dominate the largest association of its kind in the world with libelous threats, defamatory characterizations and misrepresentations … all in the interest of gathering large quantities of client personal data to be used by another industry.

John Biggs, himself, has been wrongfully accused and has been challenged by the same crooked lead broker … but as I read his recent posts, I don’t see him concerning himself with the two-bit con man. Nor do I see him flinching in response to him.

Mr. Biggs seems to be focusing more upon the association that has lowered its standards to accommodate him, promotes him with full knowledge of his noncompliance, and not only tolerates his attacks on its own members … but joins him, supports him and assists him in attempting to actually discredit inspectors who choose to set themselves apart from those who sell clients to him and slip clauses into inspection agreements that assists him in bypassing their protection from unwanted solicitors.

I think that Mr. Biggs’ observations and concerns rightfully exceed the lies and misrepresentations of a solitary dishonest lead broker … and I think they are more directed toward an association that enables him.

Whether John Biggs is a concerned consumer … a member of the press … a member of a legislature … or a member of a law enforcement or other governing entity … he has important things to say and people should be paying very, very close attention, IMO.

Very well said Jim and those people who are arguing are doing nothing but diverting away from the actual problems and issues. All of this is not helping the Overall integrity of our profession. It is making us all look very unprofessional allowing this kind of activity to be taking place with our clients private information

Jim

Mr. Biggs …

I would like to invite you to take advantage of a free “student member” status by visiting http://www.nachi.org/freestudent.htm .

By doing this, your posts will no longer be moderated and you will have full access to the many threads on this topic that are hidden from public view in the “Members Only” section.

I think you will find them interesting.

Are you still here?

Are you still lying?

Are you still behaving badly?

The end is near.

After reading through this thread, I am honestly ashamed of the way many home inspectors represent the trade. I don’t get a chance to visit this forum often as my business has grown and I have been very busy this year-but when I do I am more often than not disappointed by the language and unprofessional-ism coming from the mostly men posting these comments. I truly hope that you do not operate your business in the same manner that you operate yourselves on this forum. It is disgraceful, and overall disappointing.

I for one would like to see a little more class and integrity in the forum, it would be helpful to newcomers and others seeking honest information and advice in our trade.

Nick works hard to provide us with great tools and education to grow our businesses and further our trade. Many of you obviously have no integrity or decency and you make the rest of us look really bad.

I fully understand where you’re coming from Mary Ann, and completely agree.

I noticed your disapproval of the way many *home inspectors *represent our trade.

I’d assume you have the same feelings toward the way some of the vendors represent their professional trade.

I agree with you Mary Ann with respect to how some Inspectors and vendors are acting in a disgraceful way.

What is more disgraceful though, is an inspector who adds language to his/her pre-inspection agreement that has absolutely nothing to do with the home inspection & Inspectors that sell/trade/give their client contact information to unscrupulous vendors. Disgraceful indeed.

Many of us are, Mary Ann.

The points that the author of this thread have brought to light should make all inspectors stop and reflect, IMO. Perhaps his message will resonate throughout the industry and stop the shameful practices that have come to light.

LOL, I had to quote thos again just to make sure the world has ample chances to see some more of the stuff Nathan Thornberry write.

This guy has no shame. We all know that he is a proven pathological liar.

Now not only is Liar, but I never thought he ran around thinking of people "Stroking Wieners? :shock:

Now the guy is getting creepy in the most perturbing and Disturbing way.

Jim

Hey Jim, FYI, Virginia has no licensure as you claim in your signature. Just helping out

General I agree with you.

Finding out the truth about some vendor members is a painful and messy process.

It’s unfortunate that occasional viewing of the MB gives a very incomplete picture of what has been occurring for many months now.

I agree it makes us look bad and it makes the organization look worse for setting up the conditions that have made this necessary.

This should have been over months ago after the vendor was found guilty of multiple MB and COE violations and sanctioned.

Unfortunately he is still here because Nick wants him here.

Thanks Jeff…Does this guy think I was born yesterday? I think he better take a good look…LOL

Just got my renewel in todays mail also.

Brad Are you a Certified Inspector in VA ? Have you met all the requirements and tests? or do you just tell your clients you are a Virginia Certified Inspector? LOL:shock:

I tell all my clients that and guess what…I am not lying…haha…Nothing but the Truth. man this is fun.

Sorry Brad to have to school you in public but your attempt at doing it to me was a FAIL…LOL

Jim