The Typical Home Inspector

Back when I was competing head-to-head with my good friend and fellow InterNACHI member Joe Hagarty in the inspection business, we each cleared almost $300K/year, but had to work every waking hour to do it. After taking only 5 mornings off in 5.5 years, I finally collapsed but had saved almost a million dollars. $76K/25hours/week is about right… you just have to work 3 times as many hours. I think I speak for Joe when I say that had either of us only made $76K/year, working the hours we worked, we’d have jumped out a window of a 10-story building and cut our throats on the way down. If you want to learn how to market in a hurry, get stuck going up against Joe and Nanci Hagarty.

(:mrgreen:Which one is the home inspector) the young one with the bling around his neck or the old guy that can’t see the SN# on the compressor unit.
They forgot to add that most likly 3 out of 4 shown will probably get sued.
Happy New Year

hey guys!..i just want to put in my two cents worth, here.i represent one of those schools you are defaming. I will agree that there are schools , whose entire existance is about pumping out students, and making big bucks, but all schools are not like that. I make good honest money, training potential inspectors, but my purpose is not to simply make money. It is my desire, first and foremost, to produce the best darn inspectors in the land! I put everything i have, and all i know into this endeavor with every single student that sits under my training. My students will do between 10 and 20 actual supervised inspections, before they have completed their training, and received their certifications, and diploma.my graduates will definitely put some inspectors out of work, but only the ones who are not as good at inspecting, or marketing. I don’t, nor have i ever pumped them out. I mentor and train about a dozen a year. I know of schools that do pump them out every six days, but that is their business; not mine. Have a great year guys. Keep your skills well honed, and newbies won’t frighten you.