Today's Daily Door Prize donated by NACHI.

Again and again Jim, you are VERY welcome! :smiley: :wink:

Hey I just found it helps to change pages…What a concept.
About the hair thing you commented on…Nope…not me. I’m an old product of the sixties ‘medicine man’ an ‘ole Hippie’ I guess they’d say. 56 and still have all mine. In fact when I re-opened my busines I cut off twelve years of growth. Had a pony tail to my belt 'bout three months ago. Spent the past twelve years in a wheel chair,(didn’t need a haircut) eight of which I moved nothing from the waste down…but…therapy and a strong will !!I’ve been on my feet for about two-three years. I’m going to post a warning to all inspectors…to be very cautious of ladders…and don’t ever think it can’t happen. I was inspecting a home in Lake Tahoe, Nevada in 1989 and did a dance off a ladder, (hooked a shoe-lace)the second rung, and just like that… I broke my neck at C5-6-7. Twelve years of NO fun. Push’n instead of walk’n is really the pits…
You made my day with that ‘Big smiley mouth’ out of a :smiley: first time I saw that one. Pretty cool…Sit’n up here at 7500ft on the side of the ‘Grand Mesa’ listening to all the horror stories about the heat. I’m cool…

'till next time :wink:

Jim Barnes CMI

Hey I just found it helps to change pages…What a concept.
About the hair thing you commented on…Nope…not me. I’m an old product of the sixties ‘medicine man’ an ‘ole Hippie’ I guess they’d say. 56 and still have all mine. In fact when I re-opened my busines I cut off twelve years of growth. Had a pony tail to my belt 'bout three months ago. Spent the past twelve years in a wheel chair,(didn’t need a haircut) eight of which I moved nothing from the waste down…but…therapy and a strong will !!I’ve been on my feet for about two-three years. I’m going to post a warning to all inspectors…to be very cautious of ladders…and don’t ever think it can’t happen. I was inspecting a home in Lake Tahoe, Nevada in 1989 and did a dance off a ladder, (hooked a shoe-lace)the second rung, and just like that… I broke my neck at C5-6-7. Twelve years of NO fun. Push’n instead of walk’n is really the pits…
You made my day with that ‘Big smiley mouth’ out of a :smiley: D, first time I saw that one. Pretty cool…Sit’n up here at 7500ft on the side of the ‘Grand Mesa’ listening to all the horror stories about the heat. I’m cool…

'till next time :wink:

Jim Barnes CMI

It was just a joke hon. :slight_smile:

Could you email me the details of what you did to walk again please?

wforsyth@wa.nachi.org

Thanks!

Sorry …That was you that sent that ?.. I just figured out what it was saying…woops :slight_smile: (brain-fart) Oh… you’re talking about the hair. I hope…I just got a wierd e-mail from someone and I made a rather rude letter back, I do hope it wasn’t you.
Well…I was in Viet-Nam in 68-69 (yes both TET offensives) and while there I met a man called Jesus. And with his help and ‘Gut determination’ I did it. There were a lot of questions surrounding the whole incident, the why’s. how’s & why me cenerio, play’n like a broken record… and was doing pretty good after two surgeries. Then Bam… in '94 my legs just went out from under me. They think the injury triggered M.S. And I tend to agree, the way it’s acting these day’s, every day it moves around. I’ve been doing acupuncture for about a year now, once a week and it really helps, with a lot of concentration. (the rest I would have to share on a private line). But …Yeah, just refusing to allow that chair to rule, and not giving up hope, it’s worked out. It was all to easy to give up…so…here I am. ‘Back in the saddle again’ and ready to ‘Cowboy up’!! :wink:
I’ve been doing a report all day, that I’m really glad I didn’t print on-site, after reviewing the pictures I found a real night mare in this place. What a mess!!!
Water seeping in from all corners of the basement, rotten wood, mold, (actually found my first case of ‘poria incrassata’ disgusting look’n crapola without a doubt), thermal stress in the heat chamber, loose duct work on hot water heater and not enough vertical slope to draft properly, extreme levels of Co, no swale, no gutters, built below grade…It just goes on and on. I earned my keep on this one. I mean this place had everything you mostly only hear about. I’m really fortunate the realtor and buyer were not in any “big hurry” I could’a put myself in court real fast on this one. Now I’m very cautiously cross’n all T’s and dot’n all I’s on this one. and I’m sure this is one I’ll remember for quite some time (not quite as memorable as the one at the Lake, but…I will remember). Pretty scarry when it dawned on me what I was look’n at. Look very cautiously at black mold then track it…it’s decieving stuff. You don’t really find the source unless you do. Now I’m sure it’s even in the duct work. There are at least three differant kinds of mold in this place, identifiable by eye…Lord (and my tester)only know for sure…probably thousands.
Gotta get back to it…another hour and I may be done.

'till next time

actually ran out of room. Jim

Joe McMahan
Jamestown
Ohio
NACHI ID# 06052282

Nice try Joe but I do not think it has been asked for yet .

Roy Cooke sr

Always follow directions, I will reply to this post with:

his/her name, city, state and NACHI ID# wins!

Do I win?? I entered exactly what you asked for.

I think you’d be considered S>O>L on that one John! :slight_smile: