Two 20 amp Circuits for Kitchen Receptacles?

I believe B1 calls for both circuits to serve the countertop the way I readit and have always been taught.

If 2 20 amp circuits have to be above the counter then 2 have to be below the counter or on the walls. The way you are reading it. That is 2017 edition. I have yet to read 2020.

You need a minimum of two SABC’s, if there is only two then both must serve the countertop. They can also supply receptacles in the other areas mentioned 210.52(B)(1).

1 Like

I don’t see where small appliance circuit says over countertop 210.11 ( c) (1). I see what you are saying with 210.52 (b) (3) if there are no other circuits

210.11 refers you back to 210.50 b with more specific details for the sabc.

It seems whatever this document you are reading is not worded properly. Is this part of a NACHI class

Welcome to our forum, Charles!..Enjoy! :smile:

Thanks for a quick welcome.

No it’s the NEC. It’s notorious for that. :upside_down_face:

I believe this is referencing 210.52 ( C ) (5) and is including wording from other parts of the NEC. The NEC doesn’t specifically say “one of these outlets” It says “Receptacle outlets shall be”.

Seems like somebody tried to fit parts of 210.52 ( C ) 1 through 5 all together in one statement.
And the original post is a bit dated.

I am interested in learning the content and accuracy of the classes. That is why I was asking.