Validity of Certified Mould Inspectors - Snake Oil Salesmen??

So much for Microsoft Word’s spellcheck. :frowning:

YES, You are wrong. But instead of looking up a word that was beyond your vocabulary, you just stuck out your chest, and typed without thinking. The flipant “Sorry if I am…” is once again a sign of your ego. I am sure a proper apology won’t hurt that much. :roll:

He took that down pretty quick.

Probably would be smart for you and Braun to do the same.

Yep. I screwed up myself. I did the spell check as did Cam. I did not see the red squiggly line under the red text. No other spelling errors in the article were found. I was wrong. I apologize to Nathan. Not a hard thing to do.

So “Mr. Connell is uneducated in grammar and spelling”?

Or did you mean to say, “He spelled one word wrong in the 7th line of that article.”?

:slight_smile:

Only you would want to sue home inspectors. Only you admitted to working with lawyers to do so. Only you admitted to having any formal education in mold. Only you turned down a challenge by me on mold. It is not like I made the stuff up. Anybody can search this message board and check it out.

Would it not be easier to post proof of your education in mold and put this thing to rest, Connell.

And as far as me or Nathan being a discredit to NACHI, even the Founder of NACHI has even said on this message board you are wrong about mold, and so has a NACHI Member of the Year.

Innocent until proven guilty Braun. Everyone can see your claims, no one sees the proof. Be the helpful mold expert you project and post those quotes so no newbie inspectors will be led astray by the “uneducated”(your words) Mr. Connell.

I agree, Connell needs to prove himself that he is indeed educated in mold.

If you would actually do a search you would actually learn something.

Here it is

By the way, speaking of Industrial Hygienists, Mr. Braun referenced his certified Industrial Hygienist, the ABIH doesn’t have a mould certification. And so if his industrial hygienist to whom he alludes is certified, then it is with a goofy “three-day wonder” certificate. By the way, I do not know of a single Industrial Hygienist who would dare to obtain a “Certified Mould Inspector” certificate since such a certificate would actually degrade the Industrial Hygienist’s credibility.

Keep in mind what Connel is claiming in the above paragraph. Now go here and look up how many Industrial Hyngienist on on this large mold organization committee. This is not all the certified members, that is just the committee. Anybody whoever took good mold training will also see several Industrial Hygenists in the class room with them.

That was a good thread. Very informative and Mr. Connell was called it correctly, he accepted the challenge and the challenger bugged out.

If this is your “evidence” that Mr. Connell has stated he “has no mold education”, you better start liking lawyers and brace yourself for that slander suit. His point is quite clear, the typical mold certification class is a joke compared to the education and experience of an industrial hygienist. You along with many others have bought into the notion that the word “certified” means something in the mold craze. It doesn’t carry much weight and obviously the ABIH doesn’t thinks the same.

Now I finally understand your dislike or disrespect of IHs. It’s because one with vastly superior education and experience has repeatedly bested all the arguments in favor of the mold hype mentality.

Who actually sets an one day time limit on accepting the challenge? That challenge still remains open.

Connell needs to prove he has mold education. Why does he not prove it, right here and now?

Just because ABIH does not have mold certifications, does not mean some other mold education is not valid. It is like saying ABIH does not have meth certifications, so any other meth education is invalid or meth is not a concern. So Cameron are you saying meth is not a concern?

Do you actually agree with Connell that, when an Industrial Hygienist gets training under mold, he degrades the Industrial Hygienist profession?

I have just point out the little education that most Industrial Hygienists have in mold. That is an undebatable fact. When an Industrial Hygienist is actually trained in mold and knows what he is doing, I have no problem with him. Remember an Industrial Hygienist mentored me in mold.

So the quote you posted above says nothing about your claim that Mr. Connell admitted “he has no training in mold”. Got anything else?

Either Connelll does have mold education and has been keeping this education in secret for over six years, or accordong to him (not me) he is a discredit to the Industrial Hygenist.

Also show me a post where you proved the education of an Industrial Hygenist in mold assessment.
I just checked Connell’s website again, so you need to also show me where is education in mold is listed.

I notice you perform mold testing, Cameron, so you have no education in mold either?

Can us newbies get a rebuttal to Mr. Connells paper that is logical and utilizes credible references. It doesn’t have to be that long or profound-just enough to convince us that mold sampling is not the racquet Mr. Connell has so eloquently made it out to be.