Washington Inspectors and those who work in Washington

Lewis,

A very weak response from someone who believes he has the answer to every friggin’ thing. Hell, I offered to stop the pain yesterday so, I can only assume that you are some kind of masochist.

From the data available, your newest best friend Harold continues to have trouble with the word Contractor way beyond his inability to spell it. When you perform a search on the Washington State Contractors website you cant find Waldo err, I mean Harold listed anywhere… like I said before don’t expect twinkies from me when you are dishing dirt. Again, let me know when you want this to be over and the pain to end, I take no real pleasure in embarrassing you and your Washington clan publicly.

Joe
Not that this even deserves an answer, but the photo on my site is really old. Like about 1998? approx. I am almost 40, as much as I hate to say that, and dislike my receding hairline. Sure I need to update the photo, so throw me in jail.:roll:
Contractor spelling…will talk to my website designer about that. Geez glad you pointed such a minor oversight out.:roll:
Finally you will not be able to find any “Former General Contractors” on the DOL site, just current ones. If you need the license number, just ask me.
Contractor License #MillehI013L3, Last filed under company name Miller Home Inspection & Repair. tax ID 601-86-374. I havent’ had this license for several years. That is why I advertise as a “former” contractor.
Better than many contractors that run around with “no license” performing work today.
The only license I am required to have today is 58788 SPI. Check with WSDA for that.
Joe, I will make it clear. Our pissing match is over. We are both grown men who need to act like grown men. Lets’ just get on with our own seperate lives. You can quit calling and leaving obscene messages, and quit e-mailing me with threats of embarrasment. And I will leave you alone on this site.

Deal, I never wanted this to be personal, for me it was and remains to be about home inspector licensing, nothing more.

I believe that we can and should be able discuss home inspector licensing legislation including all of the various and diverse opinions openly and heatedly without resorting to personal attacks.

I think that the difficulty in doing this comes in when those advocating state control over the home inspection profession have only the same old emotional arguments (as opposed to logic) to back up their case.

Instilling fear through the repeated false mantra, “Licensing is inevitable”, is the most common. This way, instead of fighting them on a licensing bill - you are to believe that it is in your interest to accept state control and try to salvage something for yourself by offering “alternative legislation”.

When fear fails to work, then they try to further their objectives by painting the opposition as being unreasonable or otherwise lacking in credibility.

When that fails (i.e. L. Capaul, this subject, and M. Rowan, CMI) they remove the conversation from public discourse and go to a more obscure location where the few who agree can look and sound like a “many”, creating the illusion that theirs is a popular effort.

The light of an open message board reveals much. Those who would be hurt by the truth will avoid it, at all costs.

Licensing solves nothing.

Jim,

What you say has the ring of authenticity, I was not personally attacked until I threatened to expose to the light what was being cooked up on the TIJ website, it was only then that I became the enemy.

No More Secrets

Joe.

I guess you didn’t like my answer to yur email Joe, so you decided to bring your “Pain” public. It appears you’re the one in Pain Joe, “Investigating” other NACHI Members, posting their pictures on the board, using an L&I Search to find a “Contractor” who, it he didn’t have any employees would not have had anything to do with L&I, assuming that another members past experience was in Washington in the first place, you must be suffering a lot of “Pain” Joe to spend so much time attacking someone who only told you to mind your own business.

Like I sad JOe, I don’t know Harold, I’ve never met him, I don’t even know what side of the licensing issue he’s on or if he’s on “My Side” or not, but Harold and I appear to be on the same side when it comes to “Our Stuff”, we agree that it’s none of your business what we do here in Washington.

My answer to every Frigging thing Joe is that people have the right to run their businesses any way they want and to support or fight any legilation they want, that’s the Foundation of Freedom that you are so wrried about, Free Choice and self determination even if others think its wrong. You and your buddy James seem to have difficulty with that concept.

I believe the only dirt I dished Joe was in regards to you deciding you were the Spelling Police along with the Regulation Expert, whining about Harolds mispelling of contractor while you couldn’t even spell damn.

The only one you have embarrassed in this thread Joe, is yourself, digging into another members website isn’t too bad, but then spending time investigating the members background, using the wrong tools, and then bringing the results of your so called investigation to the Message Board, I believe that gets pretty close to violating the NACHI COE. The “PAIN” of being told to mind your own business must have driven you over the edge Joe, you should give your doctor a call and have him increase your Meds, tell him about your PAIN, it seems serious.

Wrong again James, moving any discussion of Washington Regulation to a Private Forum is just that Private, not secret, it is open to every Washington Inspector regarldless of his or her opinion on the matter, doesn’t NACHI Have a Members Only Forum, viewable by NACHI Members Only? Why shouldn’t Washington Inspectors have the same? Or maybe the NACHI Members only forums should be made Public?

And Logic from you James, how funny, your great plan of Licensing Solves Nothing, and have no alternative seems to be working so well, what is it now 31 or 32 State where your logic has failed and regulation has passed, you plan doesn’t seem to work too well.

At least Joe has a quote about Plan B, of course from reading his posts I realize that’s only if its Plan.

And Personal attacks on other members, investigating them through State websites, posting their pictures on the board, doesn’t that come close to violating the NACHI COE James? Or would it if the attacks were on you or one of your buddies like Joe?

Lewis,

Stop for a minute and wipe the drool from your face, even a twisted mind like yours should be able to recognize that you can’t really have it both ways.

Take a deep breath and explain to me how people can both have the right to run their business any way they want and… in the next breath turn that right over to the government. Really now… and you have the balls to question my medication.

Your tactics are despicable and seditious, when your lame misguided arguments fail to to engender support here on the one and only open home inspector website in the universe you threaten to retreat in secrecy to the home of the small-bus home inspectors at TIJ to hatch a plot against your freedom loving NACHI brothers, you shouldn’t just be embarrassed over your actions but you should be deeply ashamed of yourself, we deserve better. If anyone is in violation of our COE it is you.

Joe Burkeson.

Part of running your business is determining whether or not you support Regulation, if a business owner does then that’s his right, if he doesn’t thats’ also his right, but he alos has the right to discuss the issue with other business owners involved in the same issue. Washington HI Regulation is not your business Joe.

You can discuss the pros and cons of regulation here on the NACHI Board, you can even discuss Washington Regulation here on this board, but for anyone who wants to discuss issues effeceting their business directly, i.e. Washington HI’s in private, privacy is also a part of the “Foundation of Liberty”, the TIJ Forum is available and open to all Washingtion HI’s not matter waht association they belong to.

The Drafts will be published on the Main Page of TIJ for everyone to see, I’m sure they will make it here and be available for open discussion by every NACHI Member, vendor, or guest right out in the open for you to see and rant about.

But whether or not I support this proposal or not, and how I go about either fighting it or pushing for its passage is none of your business.

As far as the COE, all I asked you was what did you intend to accomplish by putting someones picture on the message board and using State search engines to investigate another member, of course I also to you that my business is none of yours, but you said the same thing earlier when you told me to stay out of “Your Stuff”, I don’t care what happens in Florida or Missouri as far a Regulation goes. that’s up to the Inspectors there, but maybe I should become as interested in those States as you and James are in Washington.

What’s really funny is that you attack Harold and I and you don’t even know what side of the Washington proposal we’re on, you just know I think its none of your business, and at the same time you attack me ant others for having a Plan “B” you have a quote "“The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.”James Yorke posted as your signature block, what’s your plan “B” Joe, are you going to yell louder, call people more names, wave the flag a little faster…now I have to go read your email, that should prove interesting.

That would be retreating into PRIVACY not Secrecy Joe, every inspector in Washington is invited, how can that be a secret, and who are these Freedom Loving Members? According to Gerry’s Poll, in the Members only Area, its running 4 to 1 IN FAVOR OR REGULATION, I’ve made public on this Board how I would go about getting legislation passed if I felt I wanted it passed, you, James and others have voiced your opinions against regulation.

What more is there to be discussed that concerns the NACHI Membership as a whole and not just Washington Inspectors?

Four to One In Favor of Regulation Joe, who is it that is PLOTTING against the NACHI Membership?

And by the way thanks for the Red Square at 8:11 this morning, I’ll be giving you one back for not signing yours.

And NOW THERE"S MONTANA for you to worry about, you should make sure that 911 is on your speed dial and keep an asprin or two in your pocket its good for strokes and heart attacks

Lewis,

I don’t play those petty games, don’t you think from my other communications with you that if I was to give you a red square that I would tell you right to your puss? Up your meds maybe the paranoia will go away.

You have been hanging out too long on that other board, that is the way they operate over there, hiding, slinking around behind each others back, whispering in corners.

I’ll tell you who gave you a red square, some Washington home inspector who is tired of your sh!t and wants you to know that you and your ilk over at TIJ don’t speak for them, thats who.

Joe Burkeson

Sure Joe, that’s why you posted a message on this thread at 8:08 and the red square appeared a 8:11, just coincidence, if it was, which I doubt, a Washington Inspector the point of his message was lost seeing as he didn’t sign it.

And you don’t play Petty Games, what do you call posting another Inspectors Picture on the Message Board and attmepting to ridicule him, along with investigating his business history, not even knowing what State that History was in, and then there’s your wonderful Emails…It all seems pretty PETTY to me, but I know Joe, “He did It First”, very adult, very professional…Paranoia Joe, that’e equating Home Inspection Regulation with the “Foundations of Our Freedom” instead of looking at the issue a chance to exercise that Freedom by using the Constitutional Legilative Process to either Pass or defeat a Bill. Paranoia, that’s believing you were attacked because some one told you that legislation in a State 3000 miles away is none of your business, that’s not an attack Joe, that’s a Fact.

And Joe, when you send those emails you don’t need to use all those @&*@@!!!, you can just spell it out.

Lewis,

It appears that you have gone off the deep end, your paranoia is complete and now you are convinced everyone is out to get you. The only thing I find comforting is that you have lost all creditability on this board in regards to your rabid obsession with having our profession turned over to the government and will now seek another platform from which to spew your Reichstag drivel.

I am sure that you have frightened off many Washington inspectors who once held no firm position in regards to licensing. No doubt many of your fellow Washingtonians are now convinced of one thing… You don’t speak for them, you don’t represent them and they are sh!t-scared that someone like you will end up on an advisory board with the power to grant or withhold a home inspector license over their head. You may have better luck finding an audience over with Mike O’ and the other control-freaks at the TIJ board,

Your rants on this board have proven to most that you are nothing more then a psychopath who cannot be trusted with power, my advise to you is… when you find yourself in a hole, the best recourse is to probably stop digging.

Joe Burkeson

Get a

How’s it looking down there Joe?

Joe, can you Read? Find in this thread where I have said that I support this present proposal, I’ll think you’ll find that I say just the opposite, that I will not support this proposal as written, so did the Other Member yu attacked, and maybe you can point out where I’ve claimed to speak for any other Washington Inspector, I’ve asked them to voice their opinions to the Senators no matter which side they are on, and told them about a Forum where Washington matters can be discussed in Private.

You, and your good buddy James are the ones who seem to think you represent NACHI and speak for ALL its members, even when polls conducted in the members only forum show that you don’t.

Its funny how you never came unhinged until someone told you that what goes on in Washington State is none of your business, I can understand how that upset you, you believing that you are the Great Authority on All Things Regarding Regulation, so far Joe no one has attacked your credibility, besides yourself that is, and no one has questioned your qualifications or abilitities as a Home Inspector, other than telling you that our businennes is not your’s, you are the only one calling names and making personal attacks, it must be the “None of Your Business” thing that upsets you, because both of us you have attacked in this thread have said that we do not support the present proposal.

Why can’t you say those Sweet things here on the Message Board that you do in your Emails Joe, everyone would enjoy them.

Please exclude me from your fantasies, Lewis.

I do not speak for NACHI or anyone in my opposition to state controlled home inspections. I speak only for myself.

Secondly, you must understand something about the polls you are referring to.

Licensing is “instant credibility” where brand new home inspectors can find themselves on immediate and equal footing - considered to be equally competent and qualified - as the 35 year veterans who are also licensed in their state. Out of 9600 members of NACHI, I would expect that a very large number of them will be new inspectors who would anxiously seek this apparent marketing advantage. This is certainly going to be reflected in any polling. One thing to note, however, is the fact that the percentage of those favoring licensing in the Fall poll fell over 5% from those who favored it in the summer. I hope that trend continues.

The problem rests with the fact that the immediate gain will be erased, over time, as those few that survive will find themselves boxed in by the very laws that they initially found to give them advantage. It is an irony that only time will reveal.

Ignorance is no excuse, since these very things being described are unfolding throughout the country in the areas where the state has been provided control.

Joe is correctly pointing out to all to see that those taking the discussion to obscure message boards where they can pretend to be a majority is senseless and does little for either side of the issue. Stay in the light. It won’t hurt you.

wow, the topic of licensing sure does make people crabby!

when all else fails, :look-up:

So is “Certification”, 9600 NACHI members all claim that status, State Regulation with the Requirement to pass a test like the NHIE would elimintae many or those and many other “Inspectors” as well, but all any State Regualtion would do would be to set a minimum Standard, those with more expeience, better service, better marketing, and who do better Inspections would still win out, Right now in an unregulated State All Inspectors ARE Equal, even those who could not pass any mnimum standard and who operate with no SOP or Ethical Code, what makes some better are the same things that will make them better if the State were regulated, better service, greater experience, better marketing, better Inspections.

Like I keep saying, I’m happy the way things are, where I can use my E&O and my WSDA License as marketing tools against those who don’t have them, where I can say that I inspect to this SOP and this COE, things are just fine the way they are, BUT if legislation is going to be passed, or as it appears in Washington, is likely to be passed I want that regulation to mean something and to be enforcable, along with being to my best advatage. That’s my Plan “B”…Joe’s quote says that successful people always have a Plan “B”, my pla"B" is not to have to sit around an Bitch about a bill just because I couldn’t stop it, I’d rather have one where I at least had some input and could live with.

The present “Advisory Board” proposal isn’t one that I will or could support without serious changes, right now, from what I understand the Senators are considering reviving SB6229 from last year, and I have sent emails and letters to all Senators involved plus some who aren’t directly, to defeat that Bill once again, the Baord’s proposal isn’t solid yet, maybe it will be modified to where in can be an alternative to 6229 if Senator Spanel and Kolle-Weeles are set on passing something, and we know you don’t like alternatives.

What’s really stupid is all the pressure on the Politicians that the KIRO Report has caused, if you read the report the Issue isn’t really about the Home Inspection itself, the Inspector admitted to making a mistake, and he has Insurance, the issue is really about LImitation of Liability which will be decided in the Courts, none of the HI Regulation proposals have addressed that, and yes I did mention that in my letters, along with saying that the “Adisory Board” doesn’t represent me, and asking them to limit the input on the Issue to Washington Inspectors who are obeying the presnt State Law.

You are certainly within your rights and should be applauded for your involvement in the process. Too many sit idly expecting things to go their way and lamenting when they don’t.

I will still argue that “no bill”, which is the present legislative condition of your state, is the best alternative to any of the present proposals and should be the one argued, first. Working to amend a proposal that has not even been picked up by the legislature as a means to fighting unwanted legislation is extremely risky and would divert people away from the more effective position of “no bill” at all. Just my opinion.