What is this Stubbed For and is it done properly?

I have no experience in remodeling or new construction work. It looks like this may be stubbed for a half bath with some kind of drain vent. The waste container for the sump pump seems to be in a strange place.

Am I right to assume this is a toilet and sink drain?
Is that a drain vent? If so, what purpose will it serve here?
Is this all stubbed in a proper location to finish this basement?

As a new user I cannot upload all the photos but they can be found in this album

Looks to me like, back water riser with a washer and sink drain stub-outs.
Do not quote that in your report.
Suspect: Unidentified roughed-in drain pipes.

So potentially not even stubbed for a half bath?

1 Like

Looks like plumbing for a future bathroom and sewer ejector pump.

5 Likes

What is the purpose of the pipe on the wall? Looks like the larger pipe is a toilet drain. The smaller diameter pipe away from the wall is a sink drain.

Sorry, I forgot to, Welcome to the InterNACHI community, Caleb!

Don’t box yourself in. At the moment it is unknown. Why box yourself in only to have to defend your report afterwards???

Only thing to report is what is visible.
Observation: Unfinished basement.
Plumbing: Plumbing drainage pipes.
I can not tell if that basin in the back is a sump or sewerage basin.
What’s below the slab, plumbing pipes, is a limitation.

It looks like an underground rough in for a toilet, lavatory and tub. The ejector pit is on the far end of the basement.

5 Likes

This is how I interpret things. Martin will straighten me out if I am wrong :slight_smile: (and I will make corrections)

4 Likes

Try and envision the floor plan with your scenario.

Typically, the tub stub-out is in a box and skim coated over with the concrete. So, this will fit:

4 Likes

Looks good to me Brian. Nice job!

1 Like

It would have been nice to see a future vent capped off and a Y in the sanitary drain with a cap for the ejector pump.

1 Like

I think one is for the toilet, shower or vanity and the one closest to the wall is going to be the vent for all three.

2 Likes

So true. The OP’s is not so bad. Sometimes all the customer gets is crap like this!

2 Likes